Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
I'm heading down to fish lake this weekend with my kids and wondered if anyone could share what they've been having success with so I can make sure they have a good time on the boat and we get some action. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
[signature]
I've never been there, but my understanding of fish lake is that if you want fast action for perch, park it right over the weedline and use pieces of crawler.
[signature]
I went down last year at this time, and I am going again. As for last year, we did not target perch, but as already mentioned it can be fast an furious along the weed line.

Last year, we caught a lot of trout including a few pups.
Caught them on rapalas, spoons, spinners, and Jakes.

We tended to troll along the weed line, then upon hookup, we others in the boat would cast while the other fish was caught. This year I am going to spend some time trying to get a larger mac. we will see how it goes.

Mornings had better action.
[signature]
I was down there two weeks ago I did really well at 50 ft using 2" white tube jigs tipped with perch meat I caught rainbows perch tiger trout, and some nice splake good luck to ya.
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys! I'll post a report when I get back and let you know how it went.
[signature]
I really want to go this weekend also and am loaded up ready to go. I am having second thoughts about the weather, are you?
[signature]
Yeah I've been watching the weather closely as well. I have been going to Fish Lake for years and can't remember a weekend that I didn't get rained on, hailed on, or snowed on. I'm going to go and just make the most of it, knowing that the storms blow through pretty quickly usually. I went on Memorial weekend this year and woke up to 6" of fresh snow the first morning. The nice thing about Fish Lake is you can usually catch fish all day, so you just have to time it between storms.
[signature]
I made it down Friday late morning, and had a good afternoon of fishing. A decent # of fish, a few nice size ones, and a really nice one lost near the boat. Plenty o' perch in the hour spent fishing for them.

Saturday was about the same story on the fishing, but it was wet and cold, and wet again. Only fished the morning though.
[signature]