Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation 10-18-15
Just returned from a quick trip to Starvation.
Caught a few bows on perch Rapalas, about 70 or 80 perch on small jigs, and brought home one walleye/lost one more walleye on a KCT crawler harness.
Bows came from bridge area, perch from edges of Rabbit Gulch, and walleye from 22 fow while bb'ing Rabbit Gulch.
[signature]
Nice report. Talk about fish in a barrel, that's a lot of perch!

Bottom Bouncing! I need to go do that again, I used to love bottom bouncing for walleyes. One of my favorite ways to fish.
[signature]
Lots of perch...
[signature]
I too enjoy bottom bouncing.
I forgot to mention the harness color, it was a Kokanee Creek walleye blade in black/gold.
[signature]
[#0000FF]See...I toldja there was perch in there.

Nice work.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You were right, those spiny finned little devils that I love so much are making a comeback. I didn't catch any 10's but the 7 and 8's are very healthy. Hopefully in a year or three we will have a good supply of jumbos in there!
[signature]
[#0000FF]I share your positive expectations. Looking forward to better times perch jerkin'.

As I struggled to find out, catching the larger ones required fishing outside the big clouds of perch. I couldn't get past the smaller ones when I found them stacked up. I had to look for areas there were fewer but bigger fish...close to the bottom. And I had to use perch meat on bigger jigs to attract the bigger ones and keep the littler ones from de-baiting me.

I am guessing/hoping that with the higher and warmer water the fishing will remain good for a few weeks yet.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I am looking forward to next year with all those perch. Starvy is coming back. Now we just need a real good winter to keep it going.[cool]
[signature]