Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Ocean Kayak, Caper $200

Hey there guys,

I've rented an Ocean Kayak Caper and figure that is THE one for me. Kayak pro buddy of mine thought so too.

I would like to buy it for $200 as opposed to the usual 'USED' store price.

PM me if you've got something. I'll drive an hour or two from Long Beach, CA to get it if the price is right!

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey JR, that sounds like a fun toy to have. I may look for one some day soon. I have also considered a canoe. I think it can hold more tackle.
[signature]
Be careful with those, I know a guy who got waked by some boat and turned over. He lost his poles and some other gear.[unsure]

I do not know if it is true or not but I heard they can flip rather easy
[signature]

Hi again releaseit,

I've rented kayak's 3 times in the last year. SOT's Sit On Top models can be rolled but they are closest to self-righting craft you can get without it actually being that.. and costing a zillion dollars. (Australian Surf Rescue Guys)

Being a tuber like me, surely you use teathers or lanyards on all your poles and gear. If your buddy didn't Duh.... shame on him unless the whole thing sank like a rock. Of course you've got the one in your hands too!

The standard kayak or sit-in model is just about uncapsizable IF ah yes, IF you've learned the Eskimo Roll which everyone should learn anyways......

There's lots of marinas, harbor, and other waterways you can go into with a kayak that you can't enter with a float tube. Oh ya.............

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2][unsure]Yep he had poles in pole holders but when it rolled off they went! He had his tackle box and cooler tied down but everything that was lose went kabloop![/size]

[size 2] Sucked..He lost two poles and reels totalling like $400. Ouch.[/size]

[size 2] He since sold kayak and got pontoon like me[sly][/size]
[signature]