Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
I took the boat out for one more spin before putting her up for the winter, my son and I took a quick trip up to Pineview Sat. afternoon. After checking a few things out on the boat as she hadn't been in the water since late July we decided to try for some crappie, man you couldn't keep them off the hook but they were small running from 7.5 to 9.5 inches. The wind was pretty stiff so we just motored slowly dragging a small pink jig with a chartreuse Maniac plastic tail and that was all it took. we were fishing in the narrows in about 45 feet of water and they were down at 35 feet. Lot of fun for the last trip. Hope to get up when the ice is on and try for some better ones. [fishin]
[signature]
Great day for sure.
[signature]
I was there too. I was on the pontoon out from the port ramp. The Saturday before they were all over between the port ramp, cemetery, and browning. I covered the same water this last Saturday and found one small school with no bites. I talked with a guy that fished by the buoys near the dam. He caught a limit with a drop shot and worm. Sounds like they moved over there.

I did manage two dink perch. Glad you found them. I may head up there Saturday but try closer to the dam.

And yes the wind did pick up!!!

LT
I think we were on the water about 1 or so and left about 5.
[signature]
Thanks for the report packfan I figured you would be out hunting glad to see you made it on the water again this year
[signature]