Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here
Hi everyone, my name is Sean Atwood, I'm 27 years old out of Fairfield California. i appreciate the chance to communicate and network with fellow fisherman on the west coast. My favorite type of fishing is black bass because of the competition factor but I was raised in brackish water chasing sturgeon, striper, halibut, salmon, crappie, black bass, and many other species. I've been fishing since i was three but took one year off this year to get my self right again with the world.thank you once again,
Sean Atwood
[signature]
Welcome to BFT Sean. Here are a couple links to get you started. The first is the California boards. The second is the saltwater boards.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ategory=11
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ategory=71
[signature]
Welcome to the site Sean, I'm going to move your post to the Cal board so some of the local folks can say hi. Please let me know if you have any questions about the site.
WH2
[signature]
Welcome Sean. We are glad to have you here. I am also a west coast fisherman in fresh and saltwater.

I look forward to any questions or comments that you may have to share with us.
[signature]
Thank you very much for a warm welcoming, I was referred by someone from the California Flyway Refuge forums, I am serious about fishing to the point I make my own fishing leaders and lures. After I do some public relating on here I plan on advertising these lures. I'm only 27 and just starting off. ALMOST everyone else is older and full of knowledge. Any kind of help is greatly appreciated and will come back around not just for you but your forum/s and supporting forum members. Once again, thank you very much for this opportunity,
Sean Atwood
[signature]
Making your own lures is awesome. Many of us here tend to fashion some of our own goodies in one way or another.

I tie my own fishing flies for fresh and saltwater use. I also tie feather trailers onto lures given to me by some of my sponsors to make them work better for different species.

We would enjoy seeing some pics of your lures. I represent several companies when I am out on the water. I am still into filming fishing videos and do seminars up and down the coast.

I also do tackle testing for a few dozen companies. When there is something I really like, everyone hears about it. [cool]
[signature]
OH boy here we go…. let me get this display set up correctly.[fishon]
Sean Atwood
[signature]
I tie many of my own freshwater flies. I have tied many different streamers, dries, and such and then went out and cushy fish on them. I've caught several species of trout, bass, and northern pike all on flies. Crappie and wiper are next on my list scheduled for next spring.
[signature]
lol… I'm a sturgeon, salmon, striper, halibut our fun, oh… so I'm pretty sure I've got the leader game down to a science… I love trolling so I'm learning about diving plastic molds right now. I make some exact weight sinkers too. I love bass fishin' and have one heck of a salmon run in my backyard so I make some nice spinners. So far from these forums I've learned I need to pick up fly tying and start learning this tuna game.
Sean Atwood
[signature]
I used to love the Sturgeon and Striper fishing in the Delta. The Sturgeon up there go for a slower presentation bait wheras the Stripers love something that moves.

Do you make any 6 or 8inch type of plastic divers? That would be the ticket for the Stripers up there. They love eating Shad. The Shad get pretty good sized and so do the Stipers. That would require a swimbait that is about the size of an adult hand with the fingers stacked as in a "Hand Shake" position.

Halibut, on the other hand also need a slower presentation with baits that are closer to the colors of Grunion or even Sardine color.

I am anxious to see some of your lures. I can give you some tips on refining them for many of the Pacific Ocean species. [cool]
[signature]