Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead 11-6-15
I don't post much but I read the post often. I finally made a trip out to Lake Mead after hitting Echo Bay most every time. Hit the water at 0600 launched out of Boulder Harbor we were going to head to Sand Island based on previous posts. The wind was more than I like so we basically fished where the land juts out into the lake just south of the Boulder harbor. We were using anchovies and I also had a waky worm dangling in the water. I ended up catching this Lg Mouth Bass, He keot hitting my worm like a little fish a little peck here and there. I finally started to reel in and it was like he just gave up. No fight. I ended up catching a second one that was smaller the same way. Winds picked up even more so we headed back and were off the lake by 2pm.
[signature]
Nice.

I pondered going until I watched the weather/wind forecasts last night on the news. Glad I didn't! Colder weather plus winds certainly isn't my cup of tea.

Thanks for posting.

Tom
[signature]
My friend that was with me said he checked the weather. Obviously he failed, I have a 16 foot tracker v16 with a 50 hp motor. It handled fine but I just don't like to push it. I only saw 3 or four other boats that were bigger than mine and they all headed in about 30 minutes before us.
[signature]