Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No contest?
Kind of looking like there will be no contest this year. Am I right?
[signature]
I would love to keep doing it; I think it's fun. But I honestly don't have time to do it anymore, and I think it showed the last couple years.
It's time to hand the reigns off to somebody else. I hope somebody steps up though, I'd at least like to spectate Smile
[signature]
Bummer! That's a fun contest. Maybe someone else would want to run it... Could you organize and participate? Hook and hunter maybe you should run it?
[signature]
Maybe I should. I have in the past.

If anyone else wants to, then I don't mind taking a back seat. I guess I'll do it if nobody else wants to.

Is there enough interest?
[signature]
Well I would participate for sure. Maybe we need to get the word out on the main idaho board to see if the interest is there..
[signature]
I would be in and maybe my 9 year old
[signature]
If you guys do have the contest, the new owner of BFT would be willing to kick in some prizes this year. I was just talking to them and they said BFT Tshirts and even a fishing rod, for grand prize could be offered as prizes. Maybe that will get some more interest up this year, what do you think, could that help?
[signature]
Thanks that would be great .
[signature]
It wouldn't hurt. Might make me want to compete instead of judge.[Wink]
[signature]
There really is no reason why you should not compete and judge. If you need someone to help you judge, I'll be glad to assist. On the Utah contest board, we usually have two mods on contests but if thats not possible another mod can verify the judges entries.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]If you guys do have the contest, the new owner of BFT would be willing to kick in some prizes this year. I was just talking to them and they said BFT Tshirts and even a fishing rod, for grand prize could be offered as prizes. Maybe that will get some more interest up this year, what do you think, could that help?[/quote]

Nice! That should definitely help! I tried during the last two contests to get some BFT support like that without much (any....) luck. Nice to see the new owner stepping up like that. I think it's a pretty good way to drum up some new members.
[signature]
Yes, I totally agree and that is why they did the rod and reel give away last month. There will also be another contest starting soon but this contest will be on the Wall of Fame board. I encourage all mods to promote this when it is posted because members from your state board voting for those that post pics will decide the winners on this contest. Here is a link to the thread I posted about the wall of fame, in case you missed it: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]