Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge Yelloweye Rockfish and Lingcod
Port Hardy Lingcod and yelloweye rockfish fishing was great. We had a lot of fun pulling these amazing looking fish off the bottom. We were using Delta Tackle glow plastics and walleye skin for bait. The fish sure didn't waste any time taking our lures! Here is a video of our first adventure out to Port Hardy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCRL5BMzya4
[signature]
[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for sharing the video. Looks like some nice fish up your way. [cool]
[signature]
Yes, there sure are. Can't wait to do more exploring next Summer.
[signature]
What areas are you currently exploring? We have Yelloweyes where I live in California but they are a protected species.

Our next summer expedition should be awesome as the Humboldt Squid are expected to show up. They always follow the El Nino condition. [cool]
[signature]
Nice, which one of those fish taste the best, the Ling or the Yellow eye?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Nice, which one of those fish taste the best, the Ling or the Yellow eye?[/quote]

I think the yellow eye tastes better but I like both.
[signature]
[quote tubeN2]What areas are you currently exploring? We have Yelloweyes where I live in California but they are a protected species.

Our next summer expedition should be awesome as the Humboldt Squid are expected to show up. They always follow the El Nino condition. [cool][/quote]

No more exploring for now it's winter up here in BC kind of chilly on a little boat. Ive been fishing vancouver island up here. These fish out of port hardy.
[signature]
Cool. We have a ton of recipes that you can use for just about any species of fish. Please be sure to check out the recipe board and feel free to add some of your own if you feel like sharing. Tight lines. [cool]
[signature]
[quote tubeN2]What areas are you currently exploring? We have Yelloweyes where I live in California but they are a protected species.

Our next summer expedition should be awesome as the Humboldt Squid are expected to show up. They always follow the El Nino condition. [cool][/quote]

They look a lot like the canary.
[signature]
Funny you mentioned the Canary Rockfish. They are also protected. lol They are claimed to be overfishined so they put them on the protected list. The Fish and Game Dept doesn't realize that they are all up in BC. lol

Here is a piece of information for you that may help on your next trip.
[signature]
They all have that nice lateral line that rockfish have. [sly] nice chart showing the differences.
[signature]
We can still catch the vermillion is still legal. The most popular ones that are off limits are the Yellow Eye, Canary and the Cowcod. Almost everything else is fair game with no restrictions on size. [cool]
[signature]
[quote tubeN2]We can still catch the vermillion is still legal. The most popular ones that are off limits are the Yellow Eye, Canary and the Cowcod. Almost everything else is fair game with no restrictions on size. [cool][/quote]

[cool]
[signature]