Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I-Pilot with or with out link
I am looking at adding the I-Pilot to my powerdrive, I just don't know which one. For those that already have it is getting the link system worth the extra money. I do like trolling for kokanee up at strawberry and would like to get into more bottom bouncing up at Starvation for walleye. Thanks for any advice you can help me with.
[signature]
If you have a humminbird I would buy the Link
I love mine. when you find the fish set a rout and just watch your rods and boats.
some times other boats will be on your rout. it will take you back to your waypoint.
[signature]
I bought mine without it and I regret it. I didn't have a hummingbird at the time and I didn't think I would be upgrading my fish finder but a couple years later and I did so I would get it now it will be worth it in the long run.
[signature]
I was in the same boat, and had to choose between the basic iPilot and the link. I already had the Power Drive and compatible Humminbirds. I went with the basic iPilot, but if I did it over again I would probably get the link, although of course the basic iPilot does most of the things that the link does --- "autopilot" to keep you going in a straight line, which I use ALL the time, "spot lock" which is also great, retrace a recorded track, Autopilot, etc. Of course the main thing the basic unit doesn't do is "follow the contour" from a Lakemaster map card, and not all lakes are on that card either. But yes, get one or the other and you'll never look back!
[signature]
I pulled the trigger and went with the link system. I purchased it from West Marine 15% off sale on Thanksgiving with free shipping. I hope it gets here in time to try it out next weekend weather permitting.
[signature]
Well, good for you. You're gonna love it!
[signature]