Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Provo - 11/24/2015
When I was out last week I noticed quite a few redds starting to show up, which means 'Tis the Season to turn to the Egg Row (pun intended).

[Image: ZZZ_egg%20row_zpsbnuzxurl.jpg]

Beautiful day for fishing; high 40's, overcast, calm and the "egg bite" was on. Glo-bugs accounted for half of the fish landed with the rest falling victim to a host of midge patterns (Black Beauty, [red][#000000] Jujubee, Zebra Midge) and a few on Baetis nymph patterns.

All fish were fat and strong and aside from one shorty everything fell into a 14-17 inch slot. Here are a few that made it into the net... [/#000000]

[Image: ZZZ_06_zpsvz4vjqfi.jpg]
[Image: ZZZ_01_zpsxfs0xzpv.jpg]
[Image: ZZZ_03_zpsgzguyx4h.jpg]
[Image: ZZZ_02_zpshwukqbei.jpg]
[Image: ZZZ_04_zpss485pabf.jpg]
[Image: ZZZ_05_zpsxmwqa4gk.jpg]
[#000000]
Happy Thanksgiving!
[/#000000][Wink]
[signature][/red]
Nice report! Sounds like a fun day and nice fish.

Was the orange glo bug the only color you used? It's interesting, I've ran up there a couple times the past week for quickies and have had the best glo bug love on more subdued tones. (yellow and whitish pink) Less luck on the orange. It's funny how it varies sometimes.
[signature]
I usually use orange when the spawn first gets heavy... lots of fresh eggs in the drift. I'll switch to paler (yellow) eggs in about a month or so.

Don't know if it matters all that much. Egg patterns are hit & miss with me. Just like sow bug patterns... right when I think I've figured it out, the next trip they want something entirely different.
[signature]