Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Call
Hello fellow California Anglers.

I just wanted to find out who is out there and what area you are from. I fish all up and down the state so there may be a chance to run into you somewhere in the fresh or saltwater fishing areas.

I am TubeN2. I am your friendly Moderator of this board and welcome everyone to input their names and areas that you like to fish as well as the type of fishing that you like such as fresh or salt, baitcasting, spin, conventional, fly fishing or spey casting.

Please feel free to answer the roll call.

Thank you and tight lines. [cool]
[signature]
Ok I'll bite. I am not in California. But I do visit there often enough. I am in northern Utah.
[signature]
I guess we can count you in since you do fish here from time to time,
[signature]
[quote tubeN2]I guess we can count you in since you do fish here from time to time,[/quote]

[Smile]
[signature]
I still qualify as a Utard since I did live there for 3 years. I cant get the visions and memories of Lake Powell, Starvation, Deer Creek, Provo River, Willard Bay and all the other places out of my head. That means I still have some fishing rights there. lol[cool]
[signature]
[quote tubeN2]I still qualify as a Utard since I did live there for 3 years. I cant get the visions and memories of Lake Powell, Starvation, Deer Creek, Provo River, Willard Bay and all the other places out of my head. That means I still have some fishing rights there. lol[cool][/quote]

Of course...they are all waiting here .
[signature]
[quote tubeN2]I still qualify as a Utard since I did live there for 3 years. I cant get the visions and memories of Lake Powell, Starvation, Deer Creek, Provo River, Willard Bay and all the other places out of my head. That means I still have some fishing rights there. lol[cool][/quote]

[#0000FF]Okay. Fair is fair. I used to live in California but now live in Utah. Dearly miss some of my old fishin' spots in your state. Trade ya some fishin'. Better yet, let's get together at one place or 'nother.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I think it would be fun to meet up at Bishop CA some day. I have a ton of spots there along the Owens as well as the ponds that are on the confluence of Bishop Creek. Lots of nice Alpers, Browns and Bass. There are some fun Bluegills and super Kittys in the ponds too.[cool]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Got plenty of that stuff a lot closer to home.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I guess we can focus on some salty critters.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Only "salty critters" we got over here are seagulls and brine shrimp. Well, maybe a few pelicans.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]Only "salty critters" we got over here are seagulls and brine shrimp. Well, maybe a few pelicans.
[/#0000FF][/quote]

Unless you think of the "old salty" old timers hanging around.[Tongue]
[signature]
I have a few good Yellowtail spots that are float tube launchable. Plenty of Sportcoats in the area too. [Wink]

If you were to bring out several hundred tons of the brine shrimp, we could set up a trap for some of the Gray Whales or the Blue Whales and use them to help us troll for bigger game. [laugh]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Humpbacks fight better...and jump more.

But...have you ever tried casting a hundred pound fly? That "school of herring" pattern is also really tough to tie.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I gave up on the school of herring fly since the sea gulls would haul off with half of them before they could hit the water. Once hitting the water, the Macks, Bones and Cuda would chime in an then attract the Sea Dogs. Only one or two flys would be left and picked up by the Croakers and Scullys. [crazy]
[signature]
Hi Steve,
Just love the Bishop area. Fishing the Weirs and streams west of Bishop can be a blast. One of my favorite spots. Unfortunately, my bad back does't permit me to stand very long and certainly not to do any wading. But I do have some great memories of the area.
[signature]
I did all the lakes up there and found more fun in the Ponds just off the Owens. We fish north and south of Line road. There are some cool aquifers there too. Between Line road and Warms Springs road is where the better action is for Rainbows, Browns and Alpers on the river while the ponds hold some good Largemouth Bass, Smallies, Blue Gills and Catfish. [cool]
[signature]
I'll bring back to the top. Living in downtown San Diego about 9 months now I'm on foot so I've been pounding the embarcadero area for spotted bay Bass mackerel and bonita
[signature]
Welcome to Cali Chris.

Looks like you picked one of the better stomping grounds.

San Diego aka: San Dawg, is an excellent place for fishing
especially in the bays and harbors. The little Spotties and Barred
Sand Bass are very common down there and fun to catch on light line. [fishon]
[signature]