Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing 11-28-15
Can't believe we haven't been fishing/had the boat in the water since 10 Oct [crazy]

Anyways made it out there finally today. Not a bad day at all. Started out really slow for us and I imagine mostly because we had a hard time making good bait in the early hours. Around 11 we went back and hit the same spots and in no time had the bait well full of good sized bait and lots of them. Headed back out and started pounding them. Doubles and triples. Sure kept me busy. By the time she would get one to the boat another rod would take off. I'd grab the rod with the fish to the boat and get 'em onboard, unhooked and into the livewell just in time to turn around and land another. Multiple times the third rod took off about that time. Was hot and heavy from 1pm or so to 2:30 when I called it. That was the last triple and I had no intention of having to clean anymore than we already had onboard..

What the sonar looked like when we quit and continued to look like the entire time we sat there as I filleted the pile of fish we had. I'd of been filleting until midnight if I would of let her keep catchin' them!

[Image: LakeMead_11-28-15_002.jpg]

8 evening meals worth with enough leftovers in each package for fish tacos the following day for lunch...

[Image: LakeMead_11-28-15_004.jpg]

Tom
[signature]
Nice haul Tom, what was the average size of the fish? What is the the daytime temps there now?
[signature]
2-3 pounders. It was in the low 40s when we launched and high 40s when we headed home.

Tom
[signature]