Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K-Drill experience please
Ok so I need a new Drill for the house and I am tired of the manual auger so I was thinking I might be able to kill 2 fish with one stone so to speak. Those of you that have used on or witnessed the use of one first hand, what did you think? And if not used with a Milwaukee how did brand X 18 Volt drill do? Let me here your honest opinions please.

Thank you
Majja
[signature]
Those Milwaukee's are the way to go, I've only heard great things from everyone about them. I don't have any experience with the K Drill but all that plastic doesn't seem like it would hold up. I do have and absolutely love my Nils hand/drill auger. I run a cheap Ryobi with a lithium ion and can easily drill dozens of holes super fast. It's 6'', and I use it to drill sonar and camera holes and to search out new depths and structure. Right now I use it to drill a lot of holes to check quality on the early ice.
[signature]
I talked to a guy who has one, and he raves about it, nothing but good. You'll want to carry your drill battery in an insulated bag, maybe even with a little disposable hand warmer so it doesn't get too cold. They don't like cold [Wink]
[signature]
I have one. New this year. I cannot say enough good about it. I have been running a NILS with the drill adapter for years, and that is nice too, but the k drill is superior in all respects in my opinion. I posted on the auger help thread a couple of days ago. The auger itself is amazing, but the key is the drill and battery. I run the Millwaukee M-18 fuel drill. Brushless motor and the XC 4.0 batteries. This set up with the NILS was good, but with the weight savings, lifetime free sharpening on the blades, and cheaper replacement blades than NILS, I think the k drill rules. I have the 6" and it cuts amazingly. I have been very impressed so far.
[signature]
I read that post. I just have no experience with the m18 just Dewalts. How ever I have noticed that the milwaukees have been gaining popularity. I just like to talk to guys with real world experience.
[signature]
I did a lot of research before buying, and the common thread was to run an 18 volt or greater drill with a brushless motor, and at least a 4.0 amp hour battery. I don't know if brand matters. My friend just got the RIGID 18 volt brushless drill with 5.0 amp hour battery at Home Depot. Great price and a lifetime warranty.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]This will be my 3rd season with the Nils 6" drill auger. I started with the Ryobi 18V with standard batteries and it would momentarily stop while drilling more than 6" of ice. Release the trigger and start again and it would go, but might stop a couple more times before drilling through to water. I would get about 25 to 30 holes out of a charge.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]
[#800000][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Last year I bought a Milwaukee M18 FUEL w/XC batteries. It never stops and I can get 40 or more holes on one battery charge. I bought mine off the web at CPO Milwaukee.com. I bought a factory reconditioned with a one full year factory warranty. It came with a charger, 2 XC batteries, and a case. Here is a link to the model I bought with all the particulars and it is shipped free.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]
[#800000][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Link:[/#800000][/font] [url "http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/factory-reconditioned-milwaukee-2604-82-m18-fuel-18v-cordless-lithium-ion-hammer-drill-with-xc-batteries/milr2604-82,default,pd.html?start=1&q=2604-82"]2604-82[/url] [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000] I don't believe you will find a better price for a drill with over 700 inch/pounds of torque with a full factory warranty and free shipping. But I've been wrong before. [cool][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]As for keeping the batteries warm, I personally don't worry about that as I have not seen a need so far. [#000000](Added - the Milwaukee Fuel LI batteries are not effected by cold according to the MFG)[/#000000]. I just lay it down on the ice/snow and when I'm ready to drill new holes I just pick it up and go. It has never not drilled a hole for me and I have never had to use the spare battery on any trip so far. But to each his own.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Where/who did you score free lifetime sharpening on your Bike blades?
[signature]
If you buy a drill auger they give you life time sharpening.
[signature]
Bob thanks for the links and info.
[signature]