Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge
Some info for the coming weeks .. Be safe have fun and turn back my big fish please ... And for sure have a good time and a Merry Christmas ..
[signature]
YouTube link ... Https://youtu.be/0Ot3_Ymf6G0
Or search AnglerWest TV Flaming Gorge Ice Fishing on YouTube
[signature]
Nice pic. Merry Christmas....
[signature]
When does the main channel around buckboard usually freeze? Also how far down is the ice now?
[signature]
Great little video thanks for posting it.
[signature]
That is a fantastic video, one of the best I've EVER seen, and sure makes me want to get up there when it freezes up. Mike Hall is the man! Thanks Mike for sharing that .
[signature]
Thanks Mike I have learned a lot by watching your videos
I keep looking for you at FG when I'm in the boat, put can't find you
[signature]
They are fishing a Lost Dog now on about 5 inches.. The forecast is for sub-zero weather for about 10 days.. I think we should be on ice by the first week of January... Again be safe check before and as you go.. We need 10 inches to be safe on these larger waters.. Watch out for pressure ridges they've been known to open and close ... The fishing will be good again this year for 2 to 6 pound rainbows & macs ... I'm going up this week so I'll be giving some reports.. Merry Christmas everyone
[signature]
[quote MikeHall]They are fishing a Lost Dog now on about 5 inches.. The forecast is for sub-zero weather for about 10 days.. I think we should be on ice by the first week of January... Again be safe check before and as you go.. We need 10 inches to be safe on these larger waters.. Watch out for pressure ridges they've been known to open and close ... The fishing will be good again this year for 2 to 6 pound rainbows & macs ... I'm going up this week so I'll be giving some reports.. Merry Christmas everyone[/quote]

Thanks. Really hoping for some good mac fishing through the ice this year. Merry Christmas!
[signature]
Thanks Mike that was a fun one to watch. I didn't know why the bows at the gorge were so pretty fleshed, now I do thanks. Later J
[signature]
We're planning going to Lost Dog on Monday. Does anyone know how the snow conditions are on road 10 to Lost Dog after leaving road 530? How is the ice? I read last week that it was around 6.5"
[signature]
What you hear about ice is correct about 5 to 7 .. Road was not to bad but it sometime drifts be prepared is best .. They are catching fish but the ice was just to confluence on Monday and thickness will vary in the current be careful have fun but be safe.. I'm headed up Saturday and will try to post more current info ..
[signature]
Thanks Mike. Good luck and be safe.
[signature]
Thanks Mike, I enjoyed the video. Can you tell me where you got the small stool for your flasher to sit on, I'd like to get one of those. Does it collapse so it doesn't take up much space?

Thanks
[signature]
Been out looking at the lake today.. Only fishable ice is at lost dog or in the blacks fork arm... About 5 inches plus.. Everything else is not good but mostly slimed over.. Single digets or colder today and this week so I'm hoping ice will improve by next weekend... Keep you all informed.. The small step I use for my finder came from Westren Trailer .. They come in two sizes and help keep it off the ice and easier to view... Roads are snow packed or drifted so a for wheel drive truck is the way to go right now... The roads are passable though ... Keep the faith and I will post again for you weekenders with pics ....
[signature]
[quote perchound]Thanks Mike, I enjoyed the video. Can you tell me where you got the small stool for your flasher to sit on, I'd like to get one of those. Does it collapse so it doesn't take up much space?

Thanks[/quote]

I have found collapsible stools at smiths of all places. We have one now for our RV. You can also get them at RV places too.
[signature]
Thanks Mike for the reports! You're a great guy for doing that.

I'm heading up to Lost Dog today; if I see anything different from your last report I'll post it here, otherwise assume I didn't see anything.

I was at Lost Dog on Sat 12/26 and got a limit of macs and bows, but nothing unusually large. Talked to the rangers who were out checking licenses, and they said most people weren't catching that many so I guess I did better than most. I was concerned that fishing would be really slow because of the full moon xmas night and fish are sometimes known to bite less the day after a full moon, but it turned out OK.

Lost Dog is OK but I'm waiting for safe ice in the Current Creek area. Hopefully soon...
[signature]