Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for safe ice
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to head out fishing sometime this weekend and haven't really heard much about safe ice. Does anyone know of any around the northern utah area? Not looking to drive further that the berry. Any info would be appreciated.
[signature]
How far north are you? I suspect Mantua will be a little better today, it was -2 in Cache Valley overnight and it tacked up Hyrum so I suspect it froze the Mantua slush monster so it might be getting fish able again, but might take one more night to make it strong enough to hold. Hyrum will likely take till Monday or Tuesday on the main body. The west end might be there if your risk adverse. I'm probably waiting until New Year's Day. Good luck but be very careful its in the scary part of the season. Later J
[signature]
You want safe ice, head to Strawberry or up to Idaho. Mantua should be safe now but watch out for the warm springs....the fishing there is far from desirable from everything I've read.
[signature]
I live in the ogden area and was hoping to hit lost creek but no ice yet. I like strawberry so I was thinking a toss up between strawberry or Daniel's. I heard mud creek has ice haven't heard much about soldier creek.
[signature]
With this cold snap causey should be pretty decent now.
[signature]
Lava's advice is probably pretty good for this north end of things. I know of several fishing across the border and doing well. Cold enough here that I'll bet Hyrum will be worth checking tomorrow. The big risk takers can probably go for short ventures then. Next weekend it should be full swing ice fishing. Your option of Daniels is probably good too. Seen a report a couple days ago that was fishing there on 4" of ice. Check the Idaho board to get the details. Good luck. J
[signature]