Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Icefishing Report 12-27-15
Hit the Confluence again yesterday. Ice has grown but the fishing was slower than last weekend.

We actually fished a spot that was open water last weekend, almost straight east of Confluence Point, and it was 4-5 inches thick. There were a few groups fishing downlake from us about a 1/4 mile. I could see the ice edge down near Currant Creek, but we didn't travel down there to check the thickness. With nighttime lows in the neg-teens and daytime highs in the single digits, ice is going to form pretty quick.

We marked quite a few fish in 55-65ft of water, but they weren't nearly as aggressive this trip. Between my son and I we iced 7 lakers and a few bows. We caught them on a variety of tackle and colors including marabou (olive), squid (white), and tube jigs (glow, white), jigging spoons like Buckshots (orange), but all tipped with sucker/chub meat.

The access roads were snowpacked with some drifts, but all passable. Four wheel drive is definitely recommended.

Hope it helps and good luck, Ryno
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like the ice is forming nicely up there.
[signature]
thanks for the report, I want to try and get up there to ice fish it atleast once this year.
[signature]