Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
? Premium ? Member ? board ?
Okay help me with this “Premium Member board” concept. I thought the wholeidea of BFT is for sportsman to help other sportsman. I help you, you help me sort of thing. Now BFT is going to have come secret handshake upper crustelitist board. And some how byposting “…at least 15 fishing reportsor 15 helpful fishing tips to other members”, I can now get classifiedinformation. Or better yet, I can“…gain access would be if the member has 100 total post and at least 2 years“. That was well thought out. Now I’m just going to post a bunch of junkto get my 100 posts. Which means BFT isno longer a great place to get information because it’s full of my trash fishjunk posts, and I can’t read what the “Premium” fisherman are saying. You should rethink this.
[signature]
Maybe you just now noticed but the new board has been around for over a year and none of what you have said has come true. Sure a few members made a few extra post when they are right on the edge of gaining access but the main reason the new board was created was because of all the lurking, that came and saw what they wanted but never added anything to the forum. If that number was low it would not have been a big deal but before the new board was created we were talking thousands. It was not unusual to see 5,000 to 8,000 views on a post with only 15 to 20 post. There are a few members that feel as you do about the new board but so far the majority have been supportive. Bottom line is, you can be a part of the new board by contriving to BFT or you can sit on the side lines complaining about it, your call. There is nothing special about the new board, as many members already know but it is a place to share info that the hordes of lurkers can not see.
[signature]
I don't post anything anymore because of all the attacking that goes on, it's kinda turned into a cool kids club. I've made some good friends and I'll get hold of them when conditions are favorable. I'll just continue to lurk.
[signature]
[#0000FF]With very few exceptions, the posts on the Premium Board over the past few months have been nothing that would have helped anyone get more info or become better fishermen than the posts on the regular board. In most cases the posts are merely to satisfy the requirements of still being allowed to post there...rather than super top secret helpful info. And in many cases the posts would have served the general membership better if posted on the general board.

There is much more good info posted on the regular Utah board...by regular Utah anglers who care about giving and getting good fishing info...and who aren't all caught up in the paranoia of having "lurkers" see our stuff.

Most of our members have joined only after following our board for a while and deciding it was a good place to hang out. Thankfully, there are still plenty of members who continue to post good usable information on the general forum.

Kid stuff.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
My point was that it degrades the experience if I cant hear what everyone has to say about what ever is being talked about.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Understood. Agreed.

We always want what we can't have...but sometimes getting it ain't worth the effort.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
As TD indicated and I've been told there is really no special info being posted within that section why because nothing is secret on the Internet. Even some who wanted that section are no longer providing any worthwhile info. A secret is only a secret when one tells no one or a few very trusted souls...

But mind you the lurkers are now in that section as I've been told and have witnessed....
[signature]
hmmmm, ~~wonder why I havent been added to PMB.. Maybe I'm a lurker too~~.

[Wink]
[laugh]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hey Don. How have you been...and where have you been?

Good luck getting onto the Premium Board. They got standards, ya know.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Sure do
And if you aint part of the "club", you get the hammer. Its funny because there are probably several hundred or even a thousand? members with access and there are only a dozen or so posts every couple weeks. Where are the hundreds required to keep that many members bs elite status?? Otherwise all you have to do is give someone a pat on the back(say cool or nice or awesome) and you get your elite membership for another month or until the board of directors decide they dont like you any more. Keep up the good work mods. Your doing a damn fine job[cool]
[signature]
Its just a good old boys club[cool] Heck all you have to do is go into it and you can see what places they are talking about, but you just can't read the posts.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]Understood. Agreed.

We always want what we can't have...but sometimes getting it ain't worth the effort.
[/#0000ff][/quote]

Truer words were never written!!
[signature]
Heck Pat if they will let you in the club they will except anyone so I know I'm good ta go.

Not been up to much lately other than keeping warm. Havent wet a line in nearly two years, dont seems possible. I might round up my fishing gear and wet a line sooner or later this year, but for now I will give everyone a break by leaving the fish under the ice alone this season. haha!
I kinda got back into one of my old habits last summer, and looking forward to doing more of it this year, gold prospecting.

How you been?
[signature]
[#0000ff]I've been doing more fishing than you...but not much. Didn't get out as much last year.

Haven't worked a gold pan for a while but did a lot while in Arizona. And before that...in California. Used to do some diving, sluicing and even some dry desert prospecting. Still take the metal detectors out coin hunting once in a while. Got a great collection of pop tops and nails.

What part of Utah do you go to prospect?

[/#0000ff]
[signature]
As far as close by, and just for colors in the dredge or pan, its hard to beat the upper end of AF canyon. I will head south from time to time to around Marysville, Beaver and Delta. Been toying with the idea of crossing into AZ. or NV. to do a little dry washing. Then again maybe not,, it might turn into work.
[signature]
[quote Coldfooter]

Havent wet a line in nearly two years...

[/quote]

Say it aint so! Wish you the best Don.
[signature]
true it is Kent. But this year I might invest time in fishing.
[signature]