Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake 3 species.
Hit a spot on Utah Lake early this morning. Managed 3 species. The bad news is it was one bluegill one crappie and one perch. All small and back swimming. Had 4 other hits on a sonar that I believe were white bass but never hooked em, never saw em. Other than those three early fish on night crawler and a couple early strikes on sonar no fish. Decided to cut my losses and head home at 11. I hope we get enough water to fill the pond up and in a couple years we will have the whities back. That might be my last UL trip for the year.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Bummer day though. Yes UL needs more water. We need more snow.
[signature]
The area had been hit hard I was amazed at the number of holes that had been drilled in the past week. Hoping the next storm gives us snow like the last one did.
[signature]
[quote fish_fear_me2]The area had been hit hard I was amazed at the number of holes that had been drilled in the past week. Hoping the next storm gives us snow like the last one did.[/quote]

Looking forward to the snow. Hope it dumps. UL has been hit hard this year.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Too bad you didn't catch a carp too. That would have been a 4 species "slam".

Happens about the same every year at that spot...and others. The fish show up at first ice. Then the harvesters show up and the fish disappear.

Too bad there aren't more options with this low water.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]