Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
Went to Pineview yesterday and did pretty good on the North side of Cemetary point. Edges are still somewhat soft but can be crossed with ease. There is about 7" of ice and 2" to 3" of hard snow on top.

My son and I caught our limits of crappie, the biggest was 11" but the average was around 9". These crappie started out biting fairly well but then very sensitive after we caught a few. Using spring bobbers and electronics was a must.

I have to brag about my son a little here, I'm very proud of him. A couple of gentlemen approached us and asked how the fishing was, he told them our story, the gents went back to their holes not too far away and didn't catch anything at all. My son noticed they wasn't catching anything so he called them over and proceeded to give up his hole and stood by to help the guys catch fish, he even showed them how to read his Marcum to catch fish. They had a difficult time hooking them but my son ended up helping them with that also. They would hand him their poles, he would hook them and hand the pole back so they could reel in the fish. What a kid, his mother did a great job raising him!

Anyway, we did well and most important had a great time, it was a good day!
[signature]
Great report and great kid, we need more like him. Thanks J
[signature]
Great kid! Way to go...[cool] thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Good story. Sounds like you are raising him right. You should be proud. We need more people in the outdoors like that!!!
[signature]
Awesome fantastic on your son helping others and yep having a bite indicator is key using it with flasher ...👍👍
[signature]
Great report, we need future fishermen like him! Good job kid!
[signature]
That's awesome! That says ALOT about the type of person you have taught him to be. Great job to you too. You are parenting right.
[signature]
Yes, very much so, if the spring bobber even moved a little the fish was there, had to be holding the pole or I would miss them.

I have been a lurker here for quite some time, this experience has kind got me reminded of some things about what fishing is all about, my son did this and I thank him in bringing me back to what is important too be honest. It is not the catching that is important, it's the teaching, the learning, and the experience of being out there. There is plenty of fish in these lakes for all. Just the happiness and Smiles on those gentlemen's faces said it all.

He is a great kid and thank you for the kind words guys.

By the way, I forgot some other information: 1/16 oz, 1" black tube with florescent green tail on bottom and glow ratso on a drop-shot rig on top, in 40' of water. Too be honest, I don't think it mattered what type of lure was used because I caught them on pretty much everything I dropped down there, it was the action and no action that I think worked.

Tight lines and help your fellow man out, it will always come back ten fold!
[signature]
That's kind of backward...usually the adult hooks 'em for the kids. Nice to see it work the other way, congrats on a fine young man!
[signature]