Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach
Hey guys,

Looks like my Lee's Ferry trip has become a Willow Beach trip. Does anyone have any advice on good fishin' spots below the dam? I've only been there a couple of times, but I've never really fished it 'cept from the rec area next to the marina. I don't care what I go after, I'd just like to catch a fish or two on this trip.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Mark
[signature]
Where is Willow Beach? That sucks no Ferry trip. This time of year is the best for not seeing people and catching plenty of fish. A little cold but worth it.
[signature]
I'm gonna hit the Ferry the week after Superbowl so it's ok. The weathers gonna be bad there and I wanted to run my motor and boat in a safer environment before I went to the Ferry. If the boat works fine over this weekend down at Willow Beach then I'm gonna figure it's sound. Willow Beach is below Hoover Dam. We're gonna camp along the river and fish for striper and/or anything else we can catch. It won't be so bad, and the weathers gonna be a lot better here for camping.

Later,
Mark
[signature]
[cool]Hey Telbone, Alot of guys fish at mile marker 52 down to 49 for the stripers. The markers are posted on the canyon walls. They have been planting trout there so bring some trout imitating lures. I have had good luck with the Storm swim shads in rainbow in 5" and 6". Bring strong line,10lb to 15lb. would be good. Heavier if you want the really big guys-25lb to 45lb stripers. One of these days I'm going to get there and fish. I've only fish it once and that was from a boat. good luck.
[signature]