Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Lake Powell Guys Fishing Trip Fish Totals
12 of us headed down to Powell wennesday morning for the annual guys fishing trip. Weather was great. Fishing was very good. The food and friends were excellent. We fished stripers 2 day and looked for non stripers 2 days. The non striper catching was very very slow. The striper fishing was unreal if you found a pile of fish. That bit would last for 30-40 minutes of non stop and then die right off. Here are the 2016 totals.

Stripers 325
Large mouth 2
Crappie 2
Walleye 1
Catfish 30

Cheers
[signature]
Nice report and pic's! If you don't mind, what general area did you fish? Around Bullfrog, or southern/northern sections?

also, you didn't list any smallmouth. They are usually in greater numbers than Lgmouth and crappies.

We have gone on a similar guys fishing trip every Spring for the last 20 plus years. We use a houseboat and have a great time, like you guys. Your pictures of the calm Lake make me look forward to this years trip. Tight lines!
[signature]
It looks like a fun trip. I especially liked the picture of the fish finder screen.
[signature]
-0- Smallmouth were caught. not for a lack of trying.
Tried fishing, north all the way to forgotten for non stripers. On the first day of striper target my boat shagged 98 fish caught in, Redd's, Tickboo, Hansen. On the second striper target day we never left the sight of Dome Rock in Bull Frog. Jigging spoons of all sorts was very weak this year. But if you dropped a jig and a chovy down once you found a blown up fish finder it was silly fishing. My boat found 4 crazy schools and 3-4 mini schools in 2 days of targeting stripers.
[signature]
Yeah dude, I'm definitely headed down Presidents Day weekend! Did you do much trolling or mainly spotting and jigging? I think we're only going to target the stripers! And I guess we may soak some catfish bait at night. Any size to the kittys?
[signature]
I guess the smallmouth are much more active as it gets warmer. Still sounds like a lot of nonstop catching and a bunch of fun! Thanks for the info.
[signature]
That looks like all kinds of fun! Congrats!

I hope you kept all the Walleye too. Too many of those in LP also.
[signature]
Nice fish. Looks like a party.
[signature]
You guys slayed em! I'm going down there in a few days myself.
[signature]
Yup. I'm hoping to get another invite to Powell myself this year. Have some new lures I want to try for stripers - and some warmer clothes, too!
[signature]
It looks like the weather is going to cooperate next week, so I'll probably head down there Tuesday and come home Friday, just me and my dog [Smile].
[signature]
send me a PM misterc if you want more info. cheers
[signature]
PM sent, thanks.
[signature]
man travis i'm kicking myself for not going what a great trip
[signature]
Great post, looks like allot of nice size fish..LOL enjoyed the last picture, what's his superhero name [cool].
[signature]