Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katherienes Landing
Have any of you guys ever fished Katherienes Landing? I realize thats in Az but since no one is on the AZ board I was hoping someone could help this guy:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
Thanks
[signature]
Yes Katherines landing is a pretty cool place and rarely visited by locals from Vegas because it is so far away. I have fished there for stripers and caught some trolling and large and smallmouth bass are in the many coves in that area. It is also a great place to scuba dive since the water seems extra clear there
[signature]
Thanks, I figured it was not likely he would get any reports from that area but I thought it was worth a shot.
[signature]
Last time I launched down there was May 2013.

IMO better to launch out of Cottonwood. The drive to Katherine's is painfully long coming from the north. (If it is windy out then Katherine's is the place to launch since one has lots of fishing to do w/o having to transit the big water area of Mohave.)

Memorable catch from that trip...

[Image: LakeMohave05-18-13_012.jpg]

Tom
[signature]
Good info, thanks Tom. What kind of snake is that?
[signature]
My best "guess" back in 2013 was a Twin-Spotted rattlesnake. That was going off the picture and looking online. He fit the description. "Smaller" in size, markings, etc.

Actually this was the best catch of the day that trip. Still use him for my Facebook profile pic today. Cool looking male Smallie I caught off a bed.

[image]http://www.outlawrc.com/stuff/fishing/LakeMohave05-18-13_005.jpg[/image]

Tom
[signature]
Yes, Katherine's Landing is a bit of a drive. For me because you drive that pass into and out of Laughlin/Bullhead.
I agree with Tom, if the wind is up anything upstream of Princess Cove can be a tough ride to Cottonwood.

Caught a few nice smallmouth and largemouth in that Katherine's area...by the dam and on the west side, but later in the spring. During Spring Break boat traffic is an issue.
If over 65, I'd consider camping there for a multi-day trip as senior rate is 50% off.

You can also launch at Princess Cove. The ramp is steep but paved. Several miles driving on dirt road though. No camping there

For my interests the AZ non resident license is the bomb..
[signature]
Thanks Thomas, good info.
[signature]
Wolf,

was that snake just swimming around on the top of the water or did your line snag him? I haven't seen that before.
[signature]
Swimming across a cove. Chased him down before he made it to land for a picture. Was hoping I'd get a rattle out of him for Madi to hear what a rattlesnake sounds like but he never did.

[image]http://www.outlawrc.com/stuff/fishing/LakeMohave05-18-13_013.jpg[/image]

Tom
[signature]
Some of my best LMB and SMB have come from Katherines area. In the summer or warmer months its not worth it because of the boat traffic but many of the coves, both south and north of the landing offer some great fishing. Depending on what your fuel distance is it may be better to drop in a cottonwood and head south. I have found some of the better areas to be in between cottonwood and Katherines.
[signature]
I agree with Billy on the locations. Have to find them. Google maps doesn't help so much pre-fishing here.
[signature]