Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FNG
Hi everyone. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. Im Kelly, 38 years young from northern Utah. New to the site but I have been flyfishing since I was in my early teens. I mainly target trout but would love to expand(steelhead, saltwater). Most of my fishing is done on high elevation backcountry streams and lakes in the High Uintas and Wind River ranges. Excited to be a part of the site. Don't be afraid to say hi!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Kelly, have you found the Utah board yet? Did you know Utah is doing a grand slam on trout this year? Catch all 4 native trout and you get a certificate of accomplishment. There is the Bear lake cutt, the Bonneville cutt, Yellowstone cutt and one other.[:/]
WH2
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! Looking forward to your reports.
[signature]
Welcome aboard Kelly. I am also a fellow flyswatter. I have spent many years in the fresh and saltwater.

Since I fish more salt than fresh I kind of keep my 3 and 5wt rods on the back shelf collecting dust but my 9 and 11wt rods get the most attention. [cool]
[signature]
Hi wiperhunter2,
Yes I did find the Utah board, thankyou. The Utah grand slam sounds awesome. Is this slam for only native cuts or trout in general? Thanks for the welcome and info!

T.B.
[signature]
Hi TubeN2,
Would love to try some salt water. One day I will for sure!
Thanks for the welcome!

T.B.
[signature]
Hi Albinotrout!
Used to catch albinos in Marsh lake on the North slope of the Uintas. Crazy looking fish. Love it! Thanks for the welcome!

T.B.
[signature]
It was announced on a local TV show called Outdoors with Adam Eakle but I have not been able to find any on-line info about it, so I call up my local DWR office and ask about it. They could not give me a link on the subject because it is still in the works but they did give me a name and number of who to call to get more info. His name is Paul Thompson, his number is 801-476-2771. The slam is for native cutts and there are 4 total. Hope that helps.
WH2
[signature]