Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 2-4
Took my 10 year old son up to pineview last night for some perch. This is the 3rd time I have been there this year and it seems like each time the fish have showed up on the finder a little later. Last nigh the bite didn't really start for us until almost 7pm. We had non stop action from 7-9 then we had to leave because the boy had school today. He had a blast it was his first time going with me for crappie and this was the most fish he has ever caught in 1 day. By the end of the night I think he was having more success than me hooking them. When he would see me miss one he would try to coach me to be patient and let it come back. I loved it, even though it is a lot more work to bring a kid it makes me happier than a kid on Christmas to see him really get in to fishing and enjoy it so much.
The hot lure/bait tonight was a glow hali tipped with wax worm. We also had some success with 1" Gulp chartruse shad on a glow jig head. the ice was mostly solid though we did find slush right where we like to fish. Not to bad though it wouldn't keep me away. We were in 45' of water and the fish were stacked up to 30'.
I was told by a guy you could burp the crappie and that would allow them to survive being caught at depth to be released but I did't try it. Has anyone heard of this?

Jim
[signature]
Sounds like a great outing for your son. Glad he got some fish. I love that he was coaching you after a bit. Those times will always be remembered
[signature]