Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake report from Saturday
Beautiful weather and any day fishing beats a day at work. Well I would consider this a very successful outing getting my kids and wife out on the ice. This was only the second time my fife and oldest daughter have been out, I took them several years ago down to Yuba when it was good perch fishing, and the first for my youngest. I was getting the evil ice stare from the wife when I was in Scipio when she noticed that it was -4 outside according to the truck.

After arriving at the lake and checking in at the lodge we hit the deck. Most of the people I could see were concentrated at the North and South ends of the lake. We hit the middle, by one of my honey holes, where I have always done very well form my tube. There were a few parties out by us at where Twin Creeks comes into the lake.

Got out to where I wanted to start drilling and realized that I had left the batteries in the truck for the drill. So my lovely wife headed back to get them. Mean while I punched one hole by hand, and learned the ice was close to 2 feet thick. not fun. any way we got set up and stared fishing.

Now for the report. My oldest daughter was the first to hook up with a nice little 12-14 in rainbow, and then we all missed a few light bites right after that. Then I went exploring and drilled a lot of hole to find exactly nothing. I fished form 5 to 60 FOW saw fish on the sonar, but lots of locked jaws.

On the way off the ice talked to a couple of guys from Aurora and they were leaving with the smell of skunk, and reported the same as we did missed a few but that was it. I dont know if it was the recent pressure form the Tourney or the weather or just I suck.

The wife and kids had a great time,and so did I even though I did not come up with any fish. And my oldest caught her first trout on the ice. It was a day well spent.

pictures to come in a little bit.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Was there any slush on the ice where you were?
[signature]
Nope. It had all refroze. Slick as all get out unless you were just walking on snow. every where else was quiet slick.
[signature]