Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake "catching" report
Fished Bear Lake 3 consecutive days (Thurs/Fri/Sat). We did really well all three days, but it was a bit slower on Saturday. We fished off the rockpile at Ideal Beach on Thrus & Fri and then off the marina rockpiles on Saturday (trying to avoid the weekend warrior crowds that inundated the rockpile on Saturday). On Thursday between two of us, we landed at least 25 cutthroat, 12 lakers and all the whitefish we wanted to catch. On Friday it was another repeat of Thursday. On Saturday we landed more lakers than cutthroat on the piles, plus a few nice whitefish right in front of the marina. Fabulous weather all three days with no wind and sun. Couldn't ask for better fishing.

Bonneville Whitefish
[inline one.jpg]

Cutthroat Trout and Lake Trout (only a sampling)
[inline two.jpg]
[inline three.jpg]
[inline four.jpg]
[inline five.jpg]
[inline six.jpg]

A true double header. Actually, I hooked another before these two were released, so it was a triple.
[inline seven.jpg]

[inline eight.jpg]
[signature]
HOLY CRAP!!!! Those are awesome fish! Sounds like a fishing fantasy land.

More than being jealous... I am just super happy for any fisherman that can have an amazing trip like that. Congratulations to you, sir! Now I somewhat regret my decision to go to Strawberry Friday morning and not hitting Big Blue instead.
[signature]
Sweet Scott. Hope they are still biting on Saturday. I hate that terrible four letter word, known as W O R K, that keeps me from fishing when I want instead of when I can. Hopefully, someday soon that will all change.
[signature]
Hey Scott, nice fish and fun times.... Good to meet you in person and that was sure a fun day Friday... Wish I could have caught a couple days like that, but I'm just glad I got in on one good one... Thanks as always for your great reports letting us know where to go and how to do it...

So I noticed my whitefish were all full of eggs when I cleaned them, and since I'm not a biologist I don't know the difference, but I assume this time the eggs were in their stomachs and was probably cisco eggs, but man they were totally chucked full of them... Guess that must be the drive that has so many fish in there now.

Does the east side see similar fish numbers to what was on the rock pile last week end? If so do they go to the general area where the cisco spawn? Just looking for an area to spread out since the rock pile will likely be swamped from now on till ice melt... Thanks again for the report and great pictures... J
[signature]
Nice job!!! How thick was the ice?
[signature]
Well crap, I guess that's what I get for not "Hooking" up with you (Scott) to see where you were fishing. I fished alone Friday and Saturday, won't make that mistake again! [Wink]
[signature]
Awesome! Thanks for the report, heading up Wednesday.
[signature]
Nicely done. Looks like you may have colored the tendrils on your jigs red? I have put red hooks on some of my Rapalas and done very well. If you're not a Cisco catcher like me, is there any place to get some Cisco for bait? Thinking of a trip up Saturday, but would want Cisco to tip jigs. Down in the valley, I can only find Shiners or possibly Anchovies...

Thanks,

TiteLines
[signature]
Titelines,

Drop by my house and I will gift you some cisco, fresh from just 3 weeks ago.
I live in Riverton off of 2700 W. and am very easy to find.

Shane
[signature]
Shane-

You are awesome! I live in South Jordan, so it's an easy trip over to Riverton. I'll PM you to coordinate.

TiteLines (Burt)
[signature]
Nice to see someone is doing some catching up there. I fished the rock pile yesterday, ice was good, weather was good.... the catching not so much. Most of the groups we talked to had caught 1 maybe 2 fish all day, or none. Most were using the same types of lures you have in your photos too. sometimes you hit it, and sometimes you don't. Nice Job!
[signature]