Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daiwa Fixed Spool Reels
[size 3]Hi [angelic][/size]

[size 3][/size]

[size 3]I have been a collector of Daiwa fixed spool reels for a number of years (pre skirted spool models) and much of this collection can be viewed on my website ‘PhantomFisher The Reel Collectors Website at [/size][url "http://www.phantomfisher.com/"][#800080][size 3]www.phantomfisher.com[/size][/#800080][/url][size 3] . [Wink][/size]

[size 3][/size]

[size 3]About a year ago I decided to put together a history of these reels spanning the period from when they were first introduced (around 1960!!) to the mid 1980’s when they were phased out in preference to the skirted spool models.[url "javascript: addTag('Smile')"][Smile][/url][/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3]The problem is that I am desperately short of information on these reels and therefore looking for old Daiwa tackle catalogues, leaflets, in fact any information that will help me piece together an interesting history with accurate dates.[url "javascript: addTag('crazy')"][crazy][/url][/size]

[size 3] [/size][size 3] [/size]

[size 3]I am willing to pay a fair price for catalogues and any condition will be considered.[Smile][/size]

[size 3][/size]

[size 3]If you have any catalogues or information that you think might be of interest then I would like to hear from you ether through this forum or by email at mail@phantomfisher.com. [Smile][/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3]Cheers[/size]
[signature]
Hey Phantom,

Where are you from?

Just a thought... have you tried looking on eBay.com? I did a search there for Daiwa and found several reels, including a couple you have on your website.
[signature]
I am based in the UK and use eBay all the time for reels but unfortunately very few Daiwa catalogues are auctioned. In the past six months only one has been auctioned which I picked up for $1!![crazy]
[signature]
I saw the 4200 model and 8100A models on eBay. Was thinking about pointing you in that direction. But it seems to me that you're looking for just manuals and such. I did see a Daiwa parts catalog listed.

Any clue what the exchange rate is between here and there?
[signature]
I was interested in the 4200 but the seller would not ship to the UK!!

I will probably bid on one of the Daiwa parts manuals however it is really catalogues or old adverts I am looking for, something that gives useful information on the reels as well as accurate dating.

The current exchange rate is £1 = $1.83.

If you hear of anybody with the sort of stuff I am looking for, perhaps you would point them in my direction.
[signature]
I knew I should have bid on it for you! I was thinking about getting it since there was only a few minutes left in the auction and then offering it to you. But I went with my gut-hesitation instead. Oh well. Maybe next time something like that comes up.
[signature]

Hi there Phantomfisher,

Welcome to BFT. Are you looking for only English language materials or do you also collect other language versions like say Japanese?

One interesting thing I noticed about some Japanese models is that they changed model names and numbers when being exported as opposed to the domestic models. I know, I was there for 30 years and often brought tackle to the states and saw their counterparts here.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hi Japan Ron

To be honest I would be happy with any language as the important info and dates can be translated.[Wink]

Since posting my original question I have found out that Daiwa was originally sold in the UK through Milbro and Daiwa tackle was included in Milbro's general tackle catalogues. So I suppose I am now not only looking for Daiwa catalogues but also Milbro ones as well!![crazy]

As far as different names for the same reel sold in different countries then I am also interested in that as well.[Smile]

Cheers,

Phantomfisher
[signature]