Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing piers near Oakland airport
I make a yearly trip to the Bay Area for business and it looks like my company has changed hotels on me this year. Instead of staying at the executive inn and suites off of embarcadero I get to stay at an extended stay near the Oakland airport. Are there any fishing piers in this area? I am usually there in June. Thanks!
[signature]
I like to fish the Port View Park Pier in that area.

You will only need lighter gear unless night fishing. hee hee
[signature]
What you chuckling about?
[signature]
[#0000FF]If you go night fishing in Oakland you will not only need heavier gear...for the "mud marlins". You might also need an AK47 for some of the local "trollers". Rough area.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yes Oakland is very rough.
[signature]
June is the time of year that some of the rogue Sharks come through. It is just outside of the Red Triangle, known for Great Whites but they have to pass by somewhere.[shocked] Mud Marlin or Bat Rays also go through there. The state record is 204 lbs. They are difficult to land from the pier but they do put a good stretch on your string.
[signature]
So where is the port view park pier? I have seen on a map Where the pier at arrow head marsh is.
[signature]
I will PM you the California web page. I cannot post it here since they have a message board style of forum. Since we cannot post links to pages with forums, I will share it in your PM.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks. Looking at it the only problem I have is not knowing which one is which. I wouldn't know the pier behind the executive inn was the San Antonio pier without having seen the sign posted on it last year.
[signature]
This one is located at 7th street. Once you become a Pier Rat and requent the place, then you will be entitled to call it the 7th St Pier just like the other locals.

I have a super Pier Rat Pack that I used when going to the piers. You will learn the 3rd reason for the invention of PVC pipe when you see it. [laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I was digging around a few websites and found a reference to the clay street pier (FDR pier). Any information on this one?
[signature]