Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ureal Pike and Walleye Fishing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynLUwmeMGfQ

Northern Alberta has it's share of great fish producing lakes and we happened to hit one when all the stars were aligned. The action was non stop all day long, fish after fish. Incredible. What a blast and some really Big Northern Pike and Walleye. Can't beat ice fishing like this.

I think during the video you'll see 5 double headers. Only a fraction of the action. Never had so many doubles an triples in my life.
[signature]
Great day for sure, don't get many like that in the Winter, thanks for sharing your video with us. Do you find that the slender spoons work all the time or do you have to down size to smaller ice flies at times? Looks like it was a cold day, was a front come through or was there another reason the catching was so good that day?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Great day for sure, don't get many like that in the Winter, thanks for sharing your video with us. Do you find that the slender spoons work all the time or do you have to down size to smaller ice flies at times? Looks like it was a cold day, was a front come through or was there another reason the catching was so good that day?[/quote]

I find the slender spoons work just about all the time. On the rare occasion I'll downsize to a jig and minnow or for perch I'll go to tungsten jigs. But for trout, perch, walleye and pike I have had really good success on the slender spoon. So much so I have been fishing it almost exclusively. I need to start fishing different stuff though to make the videos more interesting haha.

The weather was just stable cold for about a week. In the winter we find the best fishing when the weather has been stable for a period of time, they don't do well with the fronts. And if you're going to have a front cold is at least better than a warm from. Warm fronts shut the bit off with the high pressure systems they move in with.

It's always cold up here in Canada but it has been a mild winter and this was one of the colder days out.
[signature]