Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Tuesday 2/17
I try again and it is much warmer. Launch at Callville around 10AM and water temp is 58°. Calm clear flat conditions. Went to the Arizona side and tried the walls, fishing around 30 ft average. Did get one pick up on a weightless senko in the very bottom of a drain while dead sticking. Never felt is when I went for some water out of the cooler; the hook was out is how I know.

Later I got bit on a a drop shot right on the end of a main lake point. I fished pretty thoroughly in Indian Canyon Cove and then ran upstream about 2 points to another known pre spawn site.. Water was warmest in Indian Cove once you got out of the river current. I slowed down today and fished a lot of 1/2 oz jig, dropshot and weightless senkos. Early on I tried a pointer to 12' jerkbait but no bites...Tried a grub on a 1/8 oz.darter head to no avail also.
Ended the day in Rufus Cove (about 60.5°) and got pecked by an early spawner. He hit it and never came back to pick it up.
Perfect day though...bare feet on deck with t-shirt and short pants all day...and now for some fish in the boat.

[signature]
Can't beat great weather when on the water. Fishy in the boat or not. Sure beats not being out there.

The extreme back of Indian cove is where I found a coyote den right on the waters edge last Oct/Nov or so. 2 pups and mom. With the water up 3-4 feet since then under water now.

Tom
[signature]