Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake invite for Sunday...
If the ice holds this week I am heading up on Sunday for one last trip, leaving Bountiful at 0430ish, if you live up North we can meet up that way, down south we would have to meet around Parleys. Let me know and we'll watch the ice conditions.
[signature]
Not looking good with the warm and the wind...guess i'll be flyfishing this weekend.
[signature]
Where are you planning on fishing? I maybe going on sunday also but , will be leaving later in the day. I just dont like going out on the ice alone. Maybe i can meet up with you. I think the south end may be the area to fish.
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
If I get a good ice report today or tomorrow I would fish wherever.
[signature]
Latest from Darin @ Pugstones in Garden City

February 19th, 2016
Big opening from Marina towards my shop. If the wind doesn't pick up it may be ok for the weekend, however it isn't a good sign. Those strong winds yesterday did it in. I just went down to the Marina and seen some anglers that crossed over a 3'+- opening to get out on the ice fishing area. I say DON'T DO THAT! Reason is if the wind picks up or even if it doesn't you might not get back in because it will be shifted by current or by wind. Use precaution and if you do decide to go across something like this don't be pitching a tent up because if you can't see what is going on you may be on that island floating on the lake longer than you really want to be. I will post the picture on my FACEBOOK page as well.
About 15+ years ago we had to push out a drift boat to help some anglers get off of the lake from something just like this so I do understand what can and what will happen. Just hope that the current/wind will pull the ice back together instead of separating it even further apart.
Best of luck to all of you anglers!
[signature]