Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo
Hello,
I live up north and fish the Weber a lot, but I'll be taking leave the last week of March and trying to give my uncle some quality fishing. Obviously, the Provo is a hot spot but is shoulder to shoulder on the weekends. How is it during the weekdays? So, late march, M-F. Thanks
[signature]
Provo can be awesome on the weekdays, but on the blue bird days you will see more people it seems like. Especially as it starts to warm up. I like to fish the upper section of the lower provo (just below Deer Creek Res), or fish the lower and middle sections of the middle provo (between Charleston and Midway). It seems the other stretches are more populated with humans than fish. Also, I wouldn't hesitate to just hit the upper stretch of the Weber near Wanship. I think the Weber gets a bad wrap, but for me I tent to enjoy fishing the stretch from Wanship to Echo a bit more than I do the Provo. Either way, those stretches of the Provo are really good for me and I tend to find some really healthy bows in the middle section which is always fun with there being so many browns in our rivers. A fat bow is a nice treat!
[signature]
Thank you so much for the tips. Yeah I enjoy the Weber, I am there every weekend. I just would like to broaden the fishing horizons a bit, especially since I will be getting out there during the week.
[signature]
explore the weber more, especially the area between echo and rockport. the provo is a toxic dump if its a nice day out. if your really looking for an adventure, head to the green below flaming gorge, the B and C section provide quality fishing, the A section provides quantity fishing and amazing scenery
[signature]
Will do. I appreciate it all
[signature]