Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piranha Propellors: Shameless Plug
It was my son who suggested several years back I look into a Piranha Prop for a back up. I got the kit and now use it for running the lower Colorado or anywhere shallow with mud...for me that's Topock Gorge and Marsh, Martinez, Mittry etc.

Last week I tried something foolish in retrospect (sitting shallow over a mud flat) and trashed my Piranha Propeller breaking all 4 blades. No damage to the skeg, prop shaft or lower end. I believe that was in large part to the blades destructing and absorbing the impact.

4 replacement blades set me back about $80. Change out took minutes. I've changed blades in the field on a ramp before using the kit tools, a scavenged piece of wood (now my kit has a couple small blocks of pine) and a set of diagonal cutters for the cotter pin....In contrast to get my stainless Yamaha propeller touched up is minimum $160.

I highly recommend this product. The best deal is to buy the kit if you do not already have a propeller wrench. Find information at: www.piranha.com.

see the before and after photo links
[signature]
That is one of those days where you just sit back and go "OUCH" [pirate]

It is no fun to loose a prop out on the water. It is also good to have the skills and knowledge to change them on the fly. Nice job. [cool]
[signature]