Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cocoa Beach Report
Redfishing continues to be off. On the days we have been able to boat a few most of them have been in the 18 to 27 inch slot with only a few oversized fish being caught. Most of our reds have been caught on ether Cotee's Reel Magic or MirrOlure's Top Pup. They have preferred a slow retrieve on the surface. All of our reds were caught in less than 2 feet around schools of bait. The time of day hasn't seemed to make a difference as much as the falling pressure.<br>For those of you looking for the bull reds, this hasn't been a good week. I did have one day out last week that I saw a red I know would have come close to our state record. This red was at least 60 inches. I keep hoping that they will make a run like they did last year (over a week we didn't boat a red under 48 inches) but it hasn't happened yet. <br>Trout fishing has started to pick up on the outer edge of the flats. If things continue as they have I should be having 200 trout days again in a few weeks. Most of these fish are around 14 inches with a few nice keepers being caught. These fish will hit most anything you toss at them so please remember to crush your barbs. Every trout you toss back now will be a bigger one you will catch next year. We have started catching trout all day but most of the bigger fish have been boated before 8am. <br>Just to mix things up a little we have also landed: pompano, ladyfish and jacks this week. It is coming into the time of year when you never know what is going to be out there. Within the next month or so we should be catching snook, tarpon, trout and reds all in the same day. So dust of your fishing rods and get ready. Spring is in the air!<br>Don Ray has a new snook print! http://www.donraystudio.com/<br>This week all of our fish we caught where on:  <br>MirrOlure's Top Pup 74MR-21 and Top Dog 94MR-21 & 81 rigged with a Daiichi Bleeding Hook on the front<br>MirrOlure's Catch 2000 rigged with a Daiichi Bleeding Hook on the front<br>Cotee 3" Swirl Tails Clear silver flake<br>Cotee's Reel Magic<br><br><br>See you on the water<br>Capt. Doug Blanton<br>Indian River Adventures<br>321-432-9470