Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Perch 15.75" 2.24 pounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZaC5-GeJA

Bucket List Ice Fishing Adventure to one of the current Jumbo Perch producing lakes. I couldn't wait any longer and gathered up the wife and kids, a bunch of Jaw Jackers, Jaw Jacker rods and drove the 10 hours to the lake. This was some of the toughest fishing I've ever done. I was hiking onto the lake and covering about 6 miles a day pulling all my gear to get on and off the ice. Luckily it all came together and I scored my biggest perch ever a 15.75" 2.24 Pound giant. What an amazing day and beautiful place to go fishing.
[signature]
Thats a long drive from your location but Cascade has been pretty awesome. Glad you were able to make the trip and enjoy some world class perch. From what you were saying you walked 3 miles in each direction to get to the spot you fished. How did you know you were in the right area before you caught that first perch?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Thats a long drive from your location but Cascade has been pretty awesome. Glad you were able to make the trip and enjoy some world class perch. From what you were saying you walked 3 miles in each direction to get to the spot you fished. How did you know you were in the right area before you caught that first perch?[/quote]

Not that far to drive. We drive 12 hours a few times a year to Alberta. So this wasn't bad at all to get to a destination like that.

I was using Navionics to get to the locations I wanted to try and moved around till I found the fish.
[signature]