Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
golf course ponds around vegas?
Anybody fish any of the dozens of golf course ponds around vegas?There are some in summerlin that I have been wanting to try and also a few near lake las vegas that look promising.I figure the spawn should be a great time to see which ponds produce fish.
[signature]
My golf buddie and I were playing Painted Desert and he told me of a guy who kept a portable rod in his golf bag and caught a nice LMB out of one of the ponds.On another trip out there I personally saw bass in the water,and saw them in the ponds at Primm.I don't know if the course management would be too keen on letting you fish there but I'd be interested to know.I always wonder about the ponds on the course on the drive out to Lake Mead.
[signature]
I love the water holes at the golf courses. My pitching wedge and my Flipping wedge go side by side in my golf bag. [laugh]
[signature]
[quote TheChief] My golf buddie and I were playing Painted Desert and he told me of a guy who kept a portable rod in his golf bag and caught a nice LMB out of one of the ponds.On another trip out there I personally saw bass in the water,and saw them in the ponds at Primm.I don't know if the course management would be too keen on letting you fish there but I'd be interested to know.I always wonder about the ponds on the course on the drive out to Lake Mead.[/quote] I have heard alot of great things about painted desert but have never been.Next time I head up to sportsmans wharehouse(directly across the street)I am going to give it a try.
[signature]
there are very large LMB in Painted Desert. When i was younger me and my friend snuck on the course and after 2 casts with a Rapala pointer i caught a 3+ lb'r
[signature]
Is there a lot of security?Did you get kicked out almost immediately or can you fish for a bit?
[signature]
Expect to be kicked out pretty quick. They have no trespassing and no fishing signs posted. Not sure how tough their security is, I know if you're caught at lake Sahara, they call metro and press charges.
[signature]
we did it in the cover of darkness and remember i was really young and stupid when we did it. never got caught, but i can verify there are large fish in those ponds
[signature]
[quote etrout72]Expect to be kicked out pretty quick. They have no trespassing and no fishing signs posted. Not sure how tough their security is, I know if you're caught at lake Sahara, they call metro and press charges.[/quote] Speaking of lake Sahara,do you know the requirements to be able to fish on this lake?I wonder if you have to live on the water to have access to the lake or if you can just live in the lakes.
[signature]
You have to be a resident or a guest of one. Same goes for desert shores, but at DS, they just ask you to leave.
[signature]
[quote etrout72]You have to be a resident or a guest of one. Same goes for desert shores, but at DS, they just ask you to leave.[/quote] In Desert shores though they allow the people that don't live directly on the water to fish with just a community pass.I wonder if the same thing goes for the lakes.Because I know a couple people in the lakes but they don't have a house directly on the water.
[signature]
they actually opened up Desert Shores for everyone now. All you had to do is say you lived up the street in one of the neighborhoods and they would leave you alone
[signature]
At desert shores you just have to be a member of the HOA, not live on the water.
[signature]
Really? Gonna have to give it a shot. I've been kicked out of there more times then I can count.
[signature]
website still says you need to be resident/guest @ DS. It also says barbless hooks... way too much effort
[signature]
i promise you they do not enforce it like they used too
[signature]
In that case, any suggestions on which lake is best or what area? "I live right up the street!"
[signature]
i have caught some large catfish and carp right next to the lagoon fence, just using a hook with bread crushed around it.
[signature]
There are decent sized bass in all the lakes, so really anywhere you fish is usually good.
[signature]
my largest catfish out of the main lake was 14 pounds 12 ounczes
[signature]