Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Sled
Made a trip to Everett, WA last week and pulled the trigger on a new to me aluminum fishing boat. Its a 20' 07' Columbia with a Yamaha 150 main and a high thrust Yamaha 9.9 kicker mounted on an offshore bracket. Columbia boats are no longer made these days but the builder of this is Renaissance Marine in Clarkston, WA, same builder of DuckWorth. These style boats are anemic here in Utah which is why I expanded my search out of state. You will see them in abundance in places like the Gorge with vacationers from other states. I went to the boat show a couple of weeks ago expecting to see high end ski/recreational boats and walking out disappointed. This show this year wasn't disappointing at all. Good news is there were some top notch aluminum fishing boats, DuckWorth, ThunderJet, etc. There is a builder now in Chubbuck, ID, near Pocatello, that builds the same style as ThunderJet. The contact is through Park-A-Way RV & Marine Super Center.
[signature]
Congrats on your new boat.[Smile]
[signature]
nice ride congratulations , looks like a certified fish catching machine [Smile]
[signature]
After a couple of days tidying up some issues to meet my standards, decided to launch the boat out at Willard Bay for its first run, besides soft water breaks that homey feeling. After putting around for a while I didn't just come out on a body of water to lolli-gag around, I also came out to play. Wetting a line is what its all about. After 10min of trolling my rod got slammed [Image: happy.gif], then I got to feel the rod bend & tug ever so violent. After about 5 reeling in turns one last tug and my prize was gone. [Image: beaten.gif] I missed my first opportunity of baptizing my boat with blood & scales. [Image: sad.gif] The boat did what I bought it to do. Now its up to me to catch.
[signature]
Nice looking ride
[signature]
Congrats on the new ride Bduck, awesome looking boat. Careful with those outback/extended brackets I hear they are nothing but trouble. J/K this is coming from someone that has one. I hope your season is fantastic and hopefully I will see you on the water.
[signature]
I know a few who has had offshore brackets for years and they absolutely love them. My experience comes fishing from those boats and came to the conclusion I really like the setup. Preventative maintenance is as with any machine I have. [bobWink]
[signature]
I'm with you on that, I have an offshore bracket and absolutely love it and have never had any issues. That was my poor lighted hearted poke at another thread. I just love boats regardless of size, shape or whatever. [cool]
[signature]
Hey Roger, what made you decide to downsize your boat? I'll have to say that is a sweet looking sled[cool]. Fishing at Willard?? I thought you told me you did not care for that lake[:/].
[signature]
Curt, I reserve the right to lie, [Image: surprised.gif] after all the politicians do it, [pirate] and besides we're better at it. [Image: bobwink.gif] Its the only soft water at the moment to check out my ride on and its not too far from the house in the event I need to get it home. I have also decided to try out the wiper/walleye world. The time to get another boat dedicated to fishing only is what I've been seeking for a while. A ski/fish glass boat has become more upkeep with its appearance, so the aluminum type takes away that certain caution while out on the water keeping safety at the forefront.
CGOOSE, no offense taken.
[signature]
LOL, you have come over to the Dark Side[Wink], of warm water fishing, awesome. We will need to get out this Spring, so I can show you a few tricks of Warm water walleye and wipers fishing.
[signature]
I'll be looking fwd to it. I'll even supply the boat. [Image: whistle.gif] Dark side? Living in the SEC for years is all they have is warm water species. Enjoyed catching alligator gar [sly]
[signature]
LOL, from our conversations, I took it that you were mainly a trout fisherman and did not care for fishing for warm water fish. So the dark side I'm referring too is changing your ways and going after them, instead of just chasing trout. Never knew you chased alligator gar either, now thats an interesting fish to target.
[signature]