Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Cliff
Hit the Rock Cliff are late afternoon yesterday. The ice has really melted back since last Saturday. Mostly fished from the mud bar right where the river takes a left turn into the lake letting the line drift out with indicator with a small nymph and a san juan worm under that. Some others that were up there caught a bunch pretty much in the same spot. They said they had salmon eggs under a bobber. There was one guy on a float tube and a stand up paddle board guy that launched from the river.
[signature]
How close could a two-wheel drive truck get to the water?
[signature]
Going down hill towards the water may be possible while going back uphill to the ramp may not.
The ruts on that access and to the side of it make it obvious that getting stuck happens a lot.
Two wheel drive is out is my guess.
[signature]
I saw some guys drive an SUV down just past those ruts to the end of the lighter colored dirt you can see in the 2nd picture. I wouldn't go past that even with 4wd. It's pretty soggy from there to the point. I think you could get to the lighter dirt as long as you have a bit of clearance from the ruts. Although this new rain isn't helping. Here's another pic looking back through the ruts to where I parked a ways back. No clearance in my Subaru.
[signature]
Thanks. Got to be some big browns hanging out around there.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and nice pics. It was a good day to get out before the storm.

I've never fished Jordanelle when the water has been that low. It's too bad there isn't better access to launch a tube/toon or small boat. Your park pass doesn't get you much at Rock Cliff.[:/]
[signature]