Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mead 3/19
Hit the ramp just before sun up. Water was 59 at the dock and there was very little action at first. Got a few bass 1 largemouth and 2 smallies around 9am. Water was 60 by then. Hit a few more coves for nothing. Around noon got into a nice cove water had climbed to 63 and it was on. We landed 8 bass in that cove between 2.5 and 3.5 lbs.
We worked it over very well for 2.5 hrs. Tried the very next cove and hit about 7 more all the same size range and a very nice crappie! Water topped out at 65 in the backs.

Heres some pics we took.
Good luck on the water everyone!!!
[signature]
Damn that's a great day! Did you launch out of Echo or Boulder? Also, you see any fish on beds yet? I went up north for a few hours last weekend and didn't see any beds yet, only got 3 hits, but 2 of them were around 3 lbs.
[signature]
I caught one LMB off a bed Saturday. I broke up the honeymoon part of that relationship [crazy]

Released him and came back an hour or so later to see if maybe I could catch the big female and finally got her P/O'd enough to snap at what I was tossing. Unfortunately I didn't check the drag on that rod and didn't get a solid enough hook set and she tossed the bait after a couple big jumps/flips.

Fish are running around veeeeery spooky. Saw quite a few but once sighted they ran very fast. Sight fishing is very difficult/next to impossible right now unless they are preoccupied by a little romance.

No smallie beds/attempts at making a bed was found. I did come across one smallie scouting some territory. He didn't want to leave the area and stuck around regardless of me being there. I couldn't see the makings of a bed yet anywhere in the area.

Tom
[signature]
I saw the same as Tom. No beds yet. All the bass we caught were stuck to brush in very dirty water. We were just blind pitching texas rigged power worms both 7 and 10" and got a few on a dropshot 5" roboworm.
Every clear cove we did see any fish in were very spooky and split if we got close.
The two smallies we got seemed to me to be a couple but it was dirty water and never saw a bed there either.
We threw alot of cranks also and never got a sniff.

Good luck out there everyone!!!
[signature]
Cranks produced for me in the clear water making long casts but consistently smaller fish (Strike King KVD 1.5 flat side crankbait/standard shad pattern and colors.)

Tom
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pics. It looks like a great time. Very cool to see another crappie.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. One of these days I'll figure out the soft plastics techniques... If they aren't hitting spinners or hard baits, its a rough day lol
[signature]