Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
striper success! Volume 2
[cool]Decided to fish Hemenway Point again yesterday after work because of the trout plant scheduled for friday the 23rd. It was slow for a while at first. A guy on shore, same guy as last time, had already got two stripers, 8lb and a 17lb{approx.} before I hit the water in my floattube. I tried my Strom swimbaits for about two hours before trying for trout in the cove. I got two trout on a Little Cleo spoon, released one and gave one to a lady fishing on the point having limited success{she only got one trout in four hours}. I then started to kick towards the marina and was 60 yards from shore when BAM! A nice striper hits my 5" Storm bait. The fight is on! This time I was using 10lb test on a smaller baitcasting rig. This guy pulled me and my line around for about 15 minutes with the rod doubled over the whole time. He bull dogged the whole time. Finally he came up and was netted on the second try. I tried for more fish for another half hour but nada. This fish weighed in at 16lbs 10oz! And taped out at 35.5 inches. This was a tremendous rush! I am still pumped from the fight.Now my wife wants to get out there and try her luck.
[signature]
nice job BigE ! we need pictures!

sm
[signature]
[cool]Thanks Southernman, I'll get the film developed on a disc so I can post it.
[signature]
Great job, BigE.
Where did you find the 5" Storm, the only thing I can find is the 4" and the 9".
[signature]
[cool]Thanks Nu2fishagain. I got the 5" Storm at Sport Chalet by the galleria mall Henderson on the day before I went to the lake. It has the large hook up the back and a treble hook on the bottom. It comes in a 3 pack. I had never seen these before, so I decided to give them a chance. They paid off big time. The 6" Storms were at Walmart.
[signature]
Thanks for the tip. I had thought that the Sport Chalet was a ski shop. I'll check it out.

Take care,
David
[signature]