Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cellular Service up on the Lakes
The three higher mountain lakes I like to fish are Strawberry, Bear Lake, and Flaming Gorge.

Which of these two cell phone services do you think gets better reception up on those lakes ... T-mobil or AT&T?

This is not some kind of quiz. I'm just wondering which of those two providers has the best reception up on those lakes.

Thanks,
--- Coot ---
[signature]
From seeing my friends with those two service I'd say they're even because most of the time they got no service or barely 1x bar where I got verizon and trying to call my friends and keep forgetting the service for them is weak.
[signature]
Hey Coot, I can speak from experience on this topic. I've had AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. All three work here at Bear Lake. I was originally with T-Mobile and then switched to AT&T. However, about 2 years ago Verizon added a brand new tower (their first at Bear Lake). So I made the switch from AT&T to Verizon for my job since they were significantly less expensive and had equal or better coverage than the others. However, my wife and daughters are with AT&T for the fact that they are part of my wife's work plan that has 14 cell phones and they are locked into some archaic pricing plan that absolutely NO ONE can come close to beating. T-Mobile has let their service really slip here at Bear Lake and all my friend who were with T-Mobile are now with Verizon (and a few with AT&T).
[signature]
Coot,

Having spent a little time at both the gorge and bear lake, I have AT&T and have had no issues either place. I can get service all over the gorge and most places out on the lake from Buckboard to Lucerne.

No problems and coverage everywhere at Bear lake.
[signature]