Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone gotten their boat wet yet?
I went to Tibble Fork and they are not stocking it this year. They are going to drain it and do some work on the dam.

So where have you been this year? Mantua, Vernon, Salem? Is any where really open yet in the mountains?
[signature]
[#0000FF]If you need a trout on flies fix try Deer Creek. If you don't mind going a little further hit the Knight Hollow area of Starvation. Lots of cool runoff water coming in and the lake is spilling. And the big bows are hitting the top as well as taking offerings below the surface. A few browns too.

I have been focusing on the lower elevation waters like Utah Lake and Willard. You may want to take your flyrod to Willard. Crappies are starting to come in strong and the wipers will be easily caught on flies during May. Almost any white pattern fished with a sink tip or slow sink.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I'm in California, but yes, I tried to go out twice. 8 days ago, I tried to launch on Fuller, but there was too much snow. So I went to Lake Valley. Same problem = no wet Renegade.

Yesterday I went to Stumpy Meadows. I "trolled" a Kastmaster via rowing. Hooked 5, landed two (both released). I tried a little bait fishing, but with no success. It was nice getting out this season.
[signature]
I make plans and for some reason something happens to destroy them.
[signature]
Been crazy on the river, but I am waiting a new ride to float, then look out.
[signature]
I am going to get an Andreason model at the show next week.
[signature]
Right on. I am looking at the Carbon Predator. 9 lds and larger storage seat area. But I am getting an SUP.
[signature]
I was up at PaliSades a few weeks ago for a nice outing. Caught several little planters had fun, exploring a new area.
[signature]
I made a trip over catfishing in March. I got 35 cats from 28" to 32" it was a good time. I also got a couple sturgeon on that trip and I took a couple friends to get some sturgeon.

[Image: Ron%201%20small_zpsnjqrgo6y.jpg]

[Image: Jeff%202%20small_zpsoq0faa1d.jpg]

[Image: Jeff%20small_zpswzokevdv.jpg]

[Image: Tyler%201%20small_zpsnlmp8tao.jpg]

[Image: Tyler%2010%20small_zpsystywylf.jpg]
[signature]
Too bad your pics did not come through, would love to see those big ones.
[signature]
I think it is an issue with photobucket,
[signature]
You could always attach them.
[signature]
They are showing up for me.
[signature]
I can see them now. What is the longest one you have caught, ever get one thats 8' or longer at that location?
[signature]
Ya there are a couple old girls that are 8 foot plus. This is my son with a fat girl.

[Image: IMG_0177_zps431930a3.jpg]
[signature]
Nice
[signature]