Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, 3 days, bugs, wind, but no skunk
Late report -- 10 April boated and released 3 Wiper.

More recent report: yesterday 21 April: Played hooky from work, got on the water about 7:45, very calm, and already buggy. Just cruised over to the weed bed off the the old coffer dam. Dropped anchor, boated and released 2 Wiper while I watched the area off the south west wall being control burned. Looked a bit like the fires in Iraq from Gulf War 1.

Today 22 April:
Wanted to get back out earlier this morning after seeing the weather report that a cold front was moving in for Saturday. But had to do some home chores first. Got on the water about 1200. Didn't look too bad till I got out past the buoys. The chop and white caps were too much for me. Retreated back into the south marina. Anchored out in the channel about half way between the turn into the marina, and the mouth of the main body. Still a bit of chop, but the wind kept the bugs away, and I went ahead and washed some of the mussels I had left over from Thursday. Boated and released 5 Wiper, right down to my last 2 mussels. Pulled out about 3:30.

OK, something not exactly related to fishing...yesterday 21 April when I was leaving WB South, there was a truck pulling a "Fischer" fishing boat, about 16 footer. He turned right at 4000 S, heading west. He may not be a BFT member and may not read these posts, but on the chance he does, Buddy, your right brake light on your trailer is out. That's it. [fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Great reports and pics Forest. I haven't heard of anyone fishing that channel with mussels before, at least from a boat, sounds like it might be worth a shot, especially if the wind is blowing hard.
[signature]
Curt,
Seemed like the trick was that day, to go with the direction of the wind. Was blowing from about south west, pushing the waves and any food source kind of north east towards that east side channel wall. Anyway, worked for me, and I think at least one other boat that was further back up in the channel near the No Boat buoy.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool