Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vinyl or Urethane?
A friend of mine got drunk one night and bought a Water Skeeter River guide. Then I think he got drunk again and messed up his valve on one side. I went over to see what he did and he took out his pliers and did the same thing to the other side. [bobdumb]
Well then he decided that he needed to take the bladders out and one was stuck to the cover. He proceed to make some small tears in the bladder getting it out.
Well now he needs to make repairs and I can't find anything that says what the bladders are made of. I assume they are vinyl but I don't know for sure. I know he needs to get a big patch and he needs valves. Anyone know what they are?
[signature]
Are there bladders? From what I have seen they read as bladderless. 1200 denier PVC coated. Pressure relief valves. In that case, patches and Aquaseal.
[signature]
"Bladders are dual-chamber heavy gauge polyurethane…"

[#0000FF]This is what I found.

Sounds like alcohol is getting more expensive.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
This one has bladders. I saw them but I can't tell what kind they are either vinyl or urethane.
[signature]
I found that one too but his is a single chamber on each side. This is what it looks like.

http://www.tackletour.com/images2/picfloatcheap4.jpg
[signature]
But no zippers? Still sounding bladderless.
[signature]
No it does have zippers. I was at his place when he took out the one bladder. But I couldn't tell by looking at it what kind it was. I have never seen a urethane bladder.
[signature]
Oh then I am 99.9% sure it would be Vinyl. The cover being PVC. The Water Skeeter Orvis sold were.
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]