Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LICENSE FEES TO INCREASE FOR NEVADA ANGLERS AND HUNTERS
[#990033]LICENSE FEES TO INCREASE FOR NEVADA ANGLERS AND HUNTERS[/#990033]

License fee increases for hunters and anglers that were passed by the 2003 Nevada State Legislature with the support of outdoors and conservation organizations will take effect March 1, according to the Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW).

Terry Crawforth, NDOW Director, said fees for most resident and nonresident licenses are set for their first increase in eight years. Nevada’s license year runs from March 1 through the end of February.

Resident adult fishing licenses will be raised to $29 while hunting licenses for adult residents are going to $33. Combination hunting and fishing licenses for resident adults will increase to $54.

“Few other recreational opportunities in Nevada can offer 365 days of quality enjoyment for this price,” said Crawforth. “And, the more you use your annual hunting fishing or combination license, the better value it is. The price is well worth the opportunity to experience Nevada’s wildlife.”

For the first time, $3 of every annual hunting, fishing, combination and trapping license will be set aside and used specifically for wildlife habitat improvements. These funds will support projects like reseeding efforts after a fire, or improvements that support sport fish habitat.

Another first is an upland game stamp that will be required for upland game hunters. Funds generated from the $10 stamp will be used for upland game projects, including maintenance and construction of new small game water developments (guzzlers) statewide, as well as range restoration projects to benefit upland game species such as chukar, quail, and grouse.

NDOW is primarily user-funded, meaning most of its funding comes from anglers and hunters who purchase licenses, federal excise taxes on recreational hunting and fishing equipment, and federal grants that are provided, based, in part, on the number of hunting and fishing licenses sold in the state. The agency's fiscal forecast in 2002 showed that income revenues were not keeping up with the increased cost of doing business and that without a fee increase NDOW’s programs would suffer a cumulative $6.5 million shortfall by Fiscal Year 2007. The Board of Wildlife Commissioners, together with the state's major conservation and sportsmen's organizations worked together in support of a fee increase that was approved during the 2003 State Legislature.

Fishing and hunting licenses for the 2004-05 license year will be available by late February and can be purchased at NDOW offices and most sporting goods stores.

The Nevada Department of Wildlife is the state agency responsible for the restoration and management of fish and wildlife resources, and the promotion of boating safety on Nevada’s waters. Wildlife offices are located in Las Vegas, Henderson, Ely, Winnemucca, Fallon, Elko, and Reno. For more information, contact the agency web site at [url "http://www.ndow.org."][#0000ff]www.ndow.org.[/#0000ff][/url]

sm

i heard this first on nevada outdoors, sunday 6am-7:30 720 am radio
[signature]
Did the out-of-state licenses go up as well?
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]yes they did, they went up alot!

heres the old and new fees . . [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]

Regular Fishing License (Annual)

(16 years of age) $51.00 to $69.00[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Junior Fishing License

(12 through 15 years of age) $9 to $21

1-Day Fishing Permit $12 to $18[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Each Consecutive Day Added $4 to $7[/size][/font]

[mad][unsure][pirate][shocked][mad]

sm
[signature]
Ooh ouch, that's gonna hurt. We weren't getting many out-of-staters to begin with, I think even less now.
[signature]
Just add about 20% to all those prices and you can compete with Cali.[pirate]
[signature]
For Southern Nevada, you can tack on $30/yr for two vehicles, $20/yr for your boat, $3/yr for a "Special Use Stamp", $10/yr for a trout stamp, 10/yr for a second pole stamp. I'm sure there's a few more I'm forgetting.
TubeN2, does that get us close?
Take care,
[signature]
DOn't forget the Arizona stamp while fishing from a boat on Lake Mohave and Lake Mead
[signature]
Yeah that's the "Special Use Stamp"
[signature]
How about this one!!

[center][#990000]ANNUAL[/#990000][/center] Resident $32.80 Nonresident 88.20 Duplicate 6.55 [center][#990000]SHORT TERM[/#990000][/center] Ten-Day Nonresident $32.80 Two-Day Resident/Nonresident 16.55

One-Day Resident/Nonresident 10.50 [center][#990000]STAMPS[/#990000][/center] Bay-Delta Sport Fishing Enhancement Stamp $5.25 Second Rod Stamp 10.50 Ocean Enhancement Stamp 3.70 Colorado River Stamp 3.00 [center][#990000]CARDS[/#990000][/center] Abalone Report Card $15.75 Salmon Punch Card 1.00 Steelhead Report Card 5.25

That does not include vehicles or boat fees. Those are individually charges at each body of water. Either way, we are screwed.[pirate]

Some lakes charge $7-$10 dollars to park and about the same to launch your boat or float tube. Those are charges per visit. OUCH!!![shocked]

It looks like all of us in the western states get taken for a ride.
[signature]
I thought I was giving up the worse of two evils, I thought I took the cheaper route by giving up on golf. Not sure now.

I concur those of us on the West Coast are screwed.
[signature]
I used to golf more than I fished. That was starting to get expensive.

That would end up like 25 to 50 bucks a crack and someplaces that didn't include a cart. I usually like to walk but some of the places made a cart mandatory. That's where they really rake it in.
[signature]
I was paying about that much only sometimes twice a week. Then it dawned on me, I suck way to bad to waste that kind of money.

David
[signature]
I was lucky enough to be on the other end of the stick(club). I would go out and play my buddies for money, dinner, next round etc. Depended on how lucky I was feeling that day. I don't claim to be a pro but I did enjoy playing quite often. I did have to fork out money once in awhile though.
[signature]
I'll just buy a Arizona colorado license and get the stamp for Nevada. I hardly ever fish any other place in Nevada so it doesn't affect me as much.
[signature]