Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Willard Bay Flotilla Plan
[#800080]Hey everyone I thought it was time to get you a few details about next weeks Flotilla. Date is Saturday May 7, 2016, Location: Willard Bay North Marina and Pelican Bay Pavilion... In case you don't know where that one is, it is the farthest south pavilion past the marina to the south... I think TD's maps on the throw me a bone post will show you right where it's at if you don't know...

Time: This will be up to you for the free fishing portion of the morning, I plan on being there as early as I can get there, so probably 6:30 or so. After a morning of fishing we plan on gathering at the Pelican Bay Pavilion at 12:30 for sloppy joes and eats. Jil (jjannie) is graciously helping to pull this huge portion of the get together, together for us. Please if you plan on coming see the food sign up list in the stickies at the top of this general board and get with Jil to either bring something or sign up to pay the $5 per person to cover the costs associated with this. We need to know so we can have enough food for everyone without bringing too much.

I believe the entry fee to the park is $10 per vehicle, which includes boat launching and etc... Please remember all your proper licenses and invasive species paper work if you plan on floating a boat of any kind.. Fishing licenses and etc as required to be legal... We will not be having a fishing contest this time around, it adds too many headaches to doing this at the state park including insurance policies and etc... So fish and have fun and then let's get together and get to know each other after...

For those of you that don't have a flotation mode and want to try it and also for those of you that are floating and have an extra spot and wouldn't mind taking another BFT'er out with you, let's try lining you guys up.. Reply to this post for now and later we may start a separate list.

Oh big item here, if you like to fish from the bank and want to do that, no problem feel free to do that... Since bank fishing may be better now than the boat fishing.. We are not requiring you for float to be part of the flotilla, it's just a name from early days of the annual event...

Contest for prizes this year may be limited to Curt's picture contest, so take some great photo's during the event and post them to the events page. Curt can you add a link and explain more about what you're looking for and how and what prizes may be available there??

Okay I'm sure I missed something you need to know, if so please remind me and I'll add it later... Thanks all for your participation... Jeff
[/#800080]
[signature]
Oh what about radio's? If you have radios marine or FRS bands, let's have a suggestion as to which channel to be on so we can keep in contact in case someone wants to share a hot spot or someone needs assistance and also to remind us when it's time to come in... I have a multi band radio and will try and remember to have that with me... Tell me which channel you like and we'll set our radios to that station... Later J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Here's a map of the north marina area...with Pelican Beach at the far south.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thank you Pat, the pavilion is there at the beach with a nice parking area. As I remember we had room for boats as well on our trailers. Thank you. J
[signature]
Hey Jeff, pretty windy today......do you think maybe it will get it out of it's system and calm down by next Saturday?
And of course next Sunday is Mothers Day. If the weather improves, there could be more folks out at WB having family picnics on Sat and Sun.

I'll be there, wind or no wind. But may just hang out under the pavilion if the weather is rotten like last year.

See ya'll then [fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Hey Forest, I'm glad the float wasn't today, that's sure been a windy weekend. Sounds like a good week ahead, but maybe light rain showers on Saturday, but it's a long way out let's say a prayer and hope for the best. See ya there. Thanks J
[signature]
Well saturday looks like a day to do some rain dancing xD
[signature]
Starting to look worse by the day, might be a repeat of last year, but the fishing was pretty good for us last year, even if we did get soaked. I had fun and didn't get to hypothermic. Probably could have though. Well come what may I'll try to enjoy it. Later J
[signature]
I was thinking I may be up that way on saturday. So if you see the fat guy in the red NFO say hi. I would love to stay an play but i have to be home fairly early in the day. Lets all hope for a nice "w" less day as I really need to get out of the house for a couple of hours and fish.

Majja
[signature]
Great, will be good to have you there. Hoping for a good day, I may be flying my flag and will have the BFT banner at the pavilion so you can see where we're at. See you then. Thanks J
[signature]
We need a final headcount by Thursday night/early Friday so we'll know how much sloppy joe filling to make and how much of everything else we'll need and we can get everything we need picked up on Friday.

I've posted the updated list in the Sticky post located at the top of the General Board (and also attached here for convenience). Please send me PM if you're not listed on it, but you're planning to join us. Those who have signed up, if you are bringing something that count really matters (like buns + plates) I'll send you a PM once we have a headcount...

Much Appreciated

Note: We've never done it at Willard before, but if its not raining yet, we are hoping to fish from shore during the morning...we look forward to meeting everyone.
plan on 2 in my party.
[signature]
yep gotcha down - will send you a PM with the headcount once we know it.... Thanks
Hey Jil,
Looks like we may have a little rain, but I bet it won't be like last year. Our numbers seem about the same at this point and we usually have a few extra show so let's figure on 30 unless we get a last minute rush tonight. Thank you so much for all your efforts to get the food together for us, I owe you big time. Let me know anything that I need to pick up. Thanks Jeff
[signature]
I'll be there Jil, think I'll join you and Jeff and fish from shore, in years past it has been good fishing in that little bay and it's close to cover, if we get rain.

[quote SkunkedAgain][#800080]
Contest for prizes this year may be limited to Curt's picture contest, so take some great photo's during the event and post them to the events page. Curt can you add a link and explain more about what you're looking for and how and what prizes may be available there??[/#800080][/quote]

Jeff, I was hoping the power that be, would get a spot set up in the Photo Gallery by now but it hasn't happened, maybe today[:/] but the plan is to give out three prizes:

1st place is for the member with the best picture of them with a BFT item in the pic. It can be a BFT sticker, Tshirt, hat, flag or patch. This pic must be taken the day of the event and they will receive a custom fishing rod.
2nd place will be for the member with the best fish pic taken the day of the event and they will receive a BFT Tshirt.
3rd place will go to the member that post the best pic at the Get Together, of other members in and around the Pavilion. That member will also receive a BFT Tshirt.

In the event that they don't get the spot set up before tomorrow, I will start a thread for those members that have pics to post and hopefully we can get them posted in the Photo Gallery later.
[signature]
Great I've got gotcha down... if today's any indication plan for rain. But it does make for better socializing since it keep us all closer together! besides the rain will keep the fishing population down as well - hahaha

"best picture of them with a BFT item in the pic. It can be a BFT sticker, Tshirt, hat or flag."

Nice job on the prizes... Do BFT patches count as well? (I will have some on hand if any folks want to buy them 3/$10)

I've attached the latest headcount that I have. Looks like we have everything covered - should be fun - come rain, sleet or snow - we'll all be in good company!

Jil
Hey Curt and Jil, I sure hope rain coats with BFT stickers count for the pictures... Actually the forecast doesn't look too terrible this morning... They are calling out for 20% chance of thunder showers and winds below 5 mph... So we might be able to fish a while in the morning before a shower rolls through... I just hope the fish wake up a little... Jil may have to show us how to do it... I think her and Jeff are among the few that have done well this week out there...

I don't think we have set a time for the gathering yet? With the dicey weather the die hard fisher's may not want to push that out to later and later in the day like usual... Shall we call it 12:30?

Also, I didn't hear a reply on radio stations so how will channel 5 on the FRS work? I tried that one the other day and there was very little if any chatter on that one, so we should be able to use it without much interruption... If you only have the marine band radio, let me know which channel to reach you on that one other wise we will use the FRS 5 to communicate...

Anyone think of anything that hasn't been covered? I do know of some prizes that have been donated for a raffle drawing, we will do that about 2:00PM... Gwava Tech. donated some nice prizes and we'll give credit in the follow up posts...

Later J
[signature]
I think we did set 12:30 as the chowdown time. I plan to get there about 11 with the drinks and to help Jil set up.

I'll bring an FRS on Ch 5, so anglers can check-in with us at the pavilion.
[signature]
Thanks Rocky, not going to take out the yak tomorrow? I hear they are crappie machines. (That is crappie as in fish not poor quality)... Keep thinking your atoll will be picking up soon... But then again I'm not much of a crappie guy so just cause I can't catch them, doesn't mean they aren't there...
Thanks for the help... J
[signature]
LOL, yes any BFT item will count, the reason I did not mention patches is because I think most members would sew them onto their shirts or hats but as long as it is a BFT item they will be in the running for the custom rod.[cool]
Good idea on bringing those BFT patches, 3 for $10 is a good deal imo. I'll bring some BFT stickers, for those members that want some of them.
If its ok with you I'll just pay the $5, unless you need me to pick something up.
[signature]