Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 5/1
I took the boat out with a couple others to Strawberry today. The wind was so bad we decided to not even try it, so we drove back down the canyon and over to Jordanelle. We got a few hours of reasonably calm wind, and were blown off about noon.

The fishing was OK. We found a couple spots out in deep water (60' - 100') where fish were suspending, and pulled in about 6 smallish (14-16") rainbows. We had quite a few more than that hooked, but for some reason had trouble keeping them on.

The most successful lure was a 2.5" rainbow trout rapala, trolled anywhere from 1.4 to 2.0 mph. We also got a couple of hits on a small gold kastmaster and small rainbow/silver krocodile.

Given the way the day started (and the fact that a DWR officer told me nobody was catching anything) it all turned out pretty well.
[signature]
Not a single bite for me in my float tube.
[signature]
We ended up with two on smallish perch Rapalas. Both came late, and less than 10' deep. No love on any of the other things we tried.
[signature]
We took the boat up to Jordanelle on 4/30 to make sure it was up and running for the season. We fished for about 3 hours and caught one decent rainbow and the brown shown in the picture below. Both fish were caught on Lucky Craft Pointer 78s in Ghost Minnow trolling at about 2.5 mph in 35-60 FOW.
[signature]