Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome day with a fly at willard
I have never tried Willard with a fly so I gave it a try yesterday. My friend and I got on our float tubes and in twenty minutes I had landed two fish and had two other hits. I was using type 2 line and my friend had floating line and we were both using clousers. He switched over to his sinking line and instantly started getting wipers. In the end, we caught 17 wipers in 3.5 hours and had that many on that got off and can't even tell you how many missed hits. It was an amazing day. Unfortunately I think I was spoiled and won't have another day like that with my fly rod on that lake.
[signature]
Awesome! I am headed back this week for hopefully some more fly rod action.
[signature]
Dtatty Keep goin back and tryin I've had many of those days and many with not much luck at all! ya just got to find them, that's the tough part!
[signature]
Sounds like an incredible day! Between you and Remo you're going to have me taking a day off and abandoning my boat so I can drag a fly in the toon. Hope things are slow at work so I can afford to take a day off. Later J
[signature]
Good job!!! I'm hoping to get out on Willard this week to chase them again on my fly rod. Hope to get into some crappie as well.

Mark
[signature]
Dang that sure sounds like a blast. I've still haven't caught one yet on a fly rod.
[signature]
It is outstanding fun from a tube or pontoon, but you can do it from a boat. I haven't caught one over 17" for over a year, they fight as strong as a Red Salmon and my friends have had them break them off. As you can see, on a fly rod you will not find a bigger fight.
[signature]
Seems like the toon would be my ultimate platform to hook into one on a fly rod. My boat is too awkward for this type fishing. Not that it wouldn't work, but it's just not as fun. Only concerns would be range of toon is short so I hope I can get to the area where the fish are and the wind doesn't blow. Sure sounds fun though. Later J
[signature]
Jeff, if you are gonna launch in your toon, go to south marina. Closer to the feed lot and south areas of the wall.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks Forest, I haven't ever launched from there, so I may have to give it a try. Unless I need the trip to scout out the north area for the flotilla. Probably shouldn't do this, but seems like this month is the best fishing of the year so I might use a day of leave and hope I don't come up short later on. Thanks for the tip. J
[signature]
Good luck might see you there if you go on Wednesday... Later J
[signature]