Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else get wind damage?
From what I've seen driving around today a lot of people got damage from this wind storm. I did not get much from what I've seen but I did loose a canopy, I'm just glad it was a old one. Lots of people in the Ogden area lost fences and 30' to 40' trees. A local storage area lost it's roof. It's still blowing here but I hope the worst of it is over[:/].
Here are before and after pics of my damage.
[signature]
i'm glad that you are ok , we had a friend of the family paralyzed by a falling tree while horse back riding , these wind storms are no joke .
[signature]
Ogden residents suffered great damage east of Monroe Blvd and worse east of Harrison. Worst I can remember
[signature]
We personally didnt in Layton, but from what Ive seen Ogden and Bountiful to Farmington got hit hard. KSL had a chart with gusts and the highest I saw was 91 mph hour right at park lane by Lagoon. Wind has got to be the biggest 4 letter word of them all.

Edit-here is a link to those gusts
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/precip/gust_map.php
[signature]
Looks like I'll be replacing the roof on my house and garage and replacing a section of fence. I've lived in Farmington my whole life and everytime we get an east wind I wonder why. Guess I have a short memory.
[signature]
It seems like every few year we get these really bad East winds and when we do there is always a lot of damage. Sorry to hear you lost roof and fence.
Really Sad to hear about mtncat1's friend of the family that was paralyzed, I guess when we look at what we could have lost, we have to be thankful it wasn't worse, for anyone that wasn't hurt.
[signature]
The wind storm of December 1, 2011 was worse. That one created more damage and actually blew a TRAIN on its side west of Lagoon. You can still see trees growing at an angle from that one.

My home weather station recorded two 55-mph gusts Sunday morning, but nothing more. The 2011 storm was often over 75-mph here.

Seems like the Oneth of the Month is unlucky for Utah, eh?
[signature]