Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will be a wreck
[:/]. Trying to teach my 15 year old how to drive. Not only will I be a wreck but so will the car. 10 minutes into the first lesson attempt we now have a flat tire. Problem? Didn't think so at first. I can't get two of the lug nuts off. They are on really tight. So now I am stuck and will have to call a shop in the morning. I don't have the tools to get the last two lug nuts off. If I could get the wheel off and get the spare on, the flat is covered under a warranty.
[signature]
Heat it up with a propain torch and use a cheater. Should come right off.

All good lessons for the new driver.
[signature]
Someone tried that and it didn't work. Took the chrome off it instead.
[signature]
My 15 year old got her learners permit last week, so I am in the same boat. Ulcer city.

I can't help you with the lug nuts, except maybe liberal application of WD40, wait an hour or two, then try again. That has worked for me in the past.
[signature]
I contacted the dealer who over tightened them. They said they will send someone out to help. Waiting on their call. [crazy]
[signature]
Kevin, I learned the hard way to not trust any tire shop to properly torque lug nuts unless I insist on watching them use a torque wrench. I prefer to tell them to just get the nuts snug and I'll go straight home and torque them myself. Some shops won't go that way so I just go somewhere else. Too many times they use those supposed torque limiting extensions which I consider useless.
[signature]
The dealer fixed the problem and replaced the two bad lug nuts no charge.
[signature]